Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Universal seat fitment?

I'm in the market for some new front seats. The particular seats that I'm looking at are only offered in a universal fitment. My question is, is universal truly universal or is it more of a "fits most cars" type of situation?

In my experience "universal" means most but not all. You may have to find or fabricate a mounting bracket. But you never know you may get lucky. Do you have any pics or measurement specs of the seats or the mounting assembly? I'm sure with that info someone here could give you a definite answer.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #4
In my experience "universal" means most but not all. You may have to find or fabricate a mounting bracket. But you never know you may get lucky. Do you have any pics or measurement specs of the seats or the mounting assembly? I'm sure with that info someone here could give you a definite answer.
This is the only fitment info:
Fitment Notes: These seats are side mount style seats, so you will need to pick up a side mount seat base kit for your vehicle to install these. We recommend using a Buddy Club Seat Rail Kit, but you can instead purchase a Sparco seat base, Sparco side mount adapter, Sparco hardware kit, and optional Sparco slider set if you prefer. If your factory seats come with airbags built into them, these aftermarket performance seats will not allow you to re-use those airbags, and do not feature any airbags of their own either. Removing factory seats that feature airbags has safety implications, so please consider this before making your purchasing decision.

So it says I need to pick up a side mount seat kit for my vehicle. Then it says they recommend the Buddy Club seat rail kit, but that kit is what is universal. I would prefer to do that because it's about $150 cheaper than the Sparco option, which I'm not even sure if Sparco offers a FiST specific application.

Normally a recommendation that is vehicle specific is "normally" correct. If the website says use "part a" with "part b" for your correct model year FiST I'd say your ok. If you still have doubts I'd recommend emailing the customer service department for the seat company and at buddy club and say look I want these seats. What bracket do it need to make it work for my car? Hope that helps you out. Kinda sucks they just don't give you measurements.

Chuckable

I believe that the OEM FiST seats are bottom mount. Plus, you'll be losing your seat-mounted airbags and therefore triggering an SRS warning light. Just some things to consider as you make your decision.

The seats will still technically be bottom mount as the "side mount" style still bolts to the vehicle specific bottom bracket.
http://www.frsport.com/Ford-Fiesta-...p_38603.html?gclid=CPXq5c-XmMoCFcRlfgodf10Imw

Once you have those your choices on seats are endless.

Oh and the airbag light will come on unless you know what size resistor to put in the plug. On my mustang it was 2.5ohm.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #8
The seats will still technically be bottom mount as the "side mount" style still bolts to the vehicle specific bottom bracket.
http://www.frsport.com/Ford-Fiesta-...p_38603.html?gclid=CPXq5c-XmMoCFcRlfgodf10Imw

Once you have those your choices on seats are endless.

Oh and the airbag light will come on unless you know what size resistor to put in the plug. On my mustang it was 2.5ohm.
Yeah, I was looking at that Planted bracket. Did you ever have any issues with your Mustang (with the light/resistor)? I was looking at the Recaro resistor. Thanks!

DvC

keep updated when you do get new seats. i am in the market for some aftermarket as well

Yeah, I was looking at that Planted bracket. Did you ever have any issues with your Mustang (with the light/resistor)? I was looking at the Recaro resistor. Thanks!
Yes sorry! I didn't phrase that correctly. I had to use a 2.5ohm resistor in the OEM plug to get the light to go away. But yup worked like a charm.

Oh and planted makes thee best seat brackets I have seen. Fit and finish is top notch.

After some more research; general consensus seems to be that the recaros do fit albeit no sensors and will need a resister for the airbag light.