Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Unleaded 88

Remi

Sooooooo, I'm not sure if this would be the right area to ask this question. But here it goes anyway...

Has anyone heard of or is using Unleaded88? Some call it E15.

Allegedly, it provides a higher octane, hence better power. This makes sense since now we're talking about 15% ethanol instead of the normal 10%.
Also, it's supposed to be more fuel-efficient and burn cleaner.

Something that I'm not sure of, are they making these statements compared to 87 octane? Is it better than using 93 octane?

If anyone has any info, I'd be curious to learn more.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Use 93 if its Available! The ST were meant to run on 91 or 93 OCT. You might be able to get away with running the 88....But id consult an actual Tuner before doing so as it might need to be tuned to run it to take advantage of the Ethanol in the Gas.

wetwea33

Sooooooo, I'm not sure if this would be the right area to ask this question. But here it goes anyway...

Has anyone heard of or is using Unleaded88? Some call it E15.

Allegedly, it provides a higher octane, hence better power. This makes sense since now we're talking about 15% ethanol instead of the normal 10%.
Also, it's supposed to be more fuel-efficient and burn cleaner.

Something that I'm not sure of, are they making these statements compared to 87 octane? Is it better than using 93 octane?

If anyone has any info, I'd be curious to learn more.
Unleaded 88 would yield you less octane and less milage then 91 or 93. Only advantage maybe a slight cooling effect because of the extra ethanol. It's crap.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The whole idea behind 88 / E15 is cleaner air that is how it is advertised at least around here. It will not provide better fuel efficiency your fuel mileage will go down. Use 93 if available to get the advertised power. Put premium fuel in it and enjoy.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Remi

Remi

Thread Starter #5
I have been using 93 since I picked up my FiST, but I had to ask the question about unld88 since I've seen a few ads for it.
I've been reluctant to even look for it, but I guess I'll just stick to 93 and keep it moving.

I have been using 93 since I picked up my FiST, but I had to ask the question about unld88 since I've seen a few ads for it.
I've been reluctant to even look for it, but I guess I'll just stick to 93 and keep it moving.
That's the way to go. I have an E30 tune and the E15 pump is right by the E85 with a warning to only use it with flex-fuel vehicles. It's crappy gas with 15% E and only 88 octane.