Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgrade Stage 2 to 3 - suddenly lean and burbling

Horyn

Hello,
for over year I was using Stage 2 from Pumaspeed. (around 250hp on motor). Better with 98RON, less powerfull with 95RON (European specification).
After installing Stage 3 hybrid turbo X48R my garage is having issues with: 2 spark plugs insulator broken, 1 coil damaged, car is going lean, burblin, not been stable. Driven always few kilometers, cooling liquid in tank is quite active even half minute after stoping.

What we changed with Stage 3 (primary just X48R) + ultrasound cleaned injectors (90000 miles on them ) - could be issue? Given new high pressure pump +cam follower+ sensor. No change. Given 0.6mm cooler NGK -11 Spark plugs. Changed both knocking sensors, still the same.

I bought Forscan diagnosis and send to Pumaspeed - I was told I am "lack of fuel pressure" + lack of ignition timing.

I ordered now from Whoosh low pressure fuel sensor... will see, will take some time to get it.

As stated - driven 250hp no issue, now having maping from Pumaspeed to 300hp low boost, 325hp standart and 345hp extreme... none of maps changed anything.

Spend for upgrade + some new parts etc. around USD 7k and car is garden decoration now.

In meanwhile - any advices?

Last edited: