Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

used accessport bought unmarried but my power numbers are abysmal (estimated 150-162hp and 160-175ft-lbs). help?

OP
E
Thread Starter #21
Before a long sustained trip in hot weather on the stock IC, please flash back to stock first.

They'll send you specific monitors to activate on your AP - do that just to hit the required temp then stop watching it. The more you watch it, the longer it'll take to learn.
i'll be starting the first few hours of the trip from 5am-8am Thursday which is when i'll have the tune learning. once the intake temp starts creeping up i'll keep that in mind and flash back to OTS stage 1 or 0.

absolutely i have every intention of getting the whoosh FMIC but I don't have a driveway or garage so finding the time to go to a friend's place to do the work is gonna be needed. I'll most likely be doing it next month. i'm not trying to find ways around it. just don't have the time.
+1 on the FMIC upgrade. Both the IC and radiator are underpowered on these stock, i have overheated sitting in drive throughs last summer on hot days, first time scared the %$#@ out of me as i had never heard that sound before. I replaced both with Mishimoto since and they are fantastic. Also, intake temps (as i understand it all) are basically how hot the air is, inside your hood as it enters the intake. Charge temps are after it passes through the plumbing (including FMIC) and enters the cylinders and it's the one that reflects how power is affected by temps.

I find when im on the gas, with my new FMIC charge temps are around 5-8 degrees over ambient, but i'd be curious to see what other peoples' numbers are for different FMICs. Some times at idle and not moving charge temps are 30 or 40 over ambient. I do wish i knew to check charge temps on the stock unit to have something to compare my Mishimoto to.