Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VC-3DIL-B obsolete orange coolant

So I just installed the mountune radiator and am ready to fill the coolant back up. I went to ford and they told me they use yellow coolant now and that I cannot mix the two. I've been searching around the web for some of the old orange that came in my car so I don't have to bother with flushing anything but am having a hard time. Does anyone know if there is a readily available equivalent? I have read that the orange stuff is dexcool so I'm thinking about just filling it up with that and then taking it to ford and having them flush and fill with the new yellow.

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #3
That seems very contradictory though because in the important bullet point it says to not mix it with other types but then says you can top off or flush with it. Confusing

slopoke

That seems very contradictory though because in the important bullet point it says to not mix it with other types but then says you can top off or flush with it. Confusing
It states that as long as the coolant currently in the system meets Ford specifications WSS-M97B44-D and WSS-M97B44-D, which are the VC-3-B (concentrated), VC-3DIL-B (prediluted).

The yellow coolant is compatible with it. The yellow is not compatible with the Green Motorcraft coolant that is Ford Spec ESE-M97B44-A

Important: Do not use Motorcraft® Yellow Antifreeze/Coolant to service Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles factory-filled with any other Motorcraft® antifreeze/coolant. In the case of these vehicles, Motorcraft® Yellow Antifreeze/Coolant is not compatible and therefore is not approved for use. Continue to service these vehicles using only the correct recommended antifreeze/coolant.

Last edited:
OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #5
I think I'll just top it off with yellow and have ford flush the whole system and fill it with all yellow

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I think I'll just top it off with yellow and have ford flush the whole system and fill it with all yellow
You're wasting your time. I work at Ford, idk why they told you to not mix it. We do not flush the systems when we need to top off newer vehicles with yellow that took orange previously

Good stuff to know. I'm going to pick up some of the new yellow coolant today for my Mountune radiator upgrade later this week. It currently has orange in it, so I plan to just top off after draining the stock radiator.

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #14
Good stuff to know. I'm going to pick up some of the new yellow coolant today for my Mountune radiator upgrade later this week. It currently has orange in it, so I plan to just top off after draining the stock radiator.
Exactly the situation I'm in