Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VERUS Rear Splitter/Diffuser Install

Unfortunately that is something you will never find.
The process used to make that kind of hardware black would destroy the lock insert.
If the blacking was done first, it would be destroyed when the lock was inserted.
Catch 22
I would just use a semi gloss black rattle can.

But then, Never Trust a Fabricator

One of my past rides..
Not sure if it would do the trick but I remember using it a few years ago, Eastwood has a metal blackening kit can't quite remember the process but maybe worth looking into

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
So did you hit ludicrous speed yet to feel the effects of this thing?
It's hard to tell...I don't autocross or go past 120mph.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #25
I'll find some Curvy roads....its hard to make a comparison as I haven't auto crossed or aggressively drove the Fist to Know....I just DD it and get on it occasionally.

I'll find some Curvy roads....its hard to make a comparison as I haven't auto crossed or aggressively drove the Fist to Know....I just DD it and get on it occasionally.

I hear you BroFiSTa. Now go find a gif with bloody shins and make it all come together

dmb

Here we go! Yay!

Here is a list of tools....it will get bigger as I add my tools I used. This little Tool is wonderful to hold nuts in tight spots as you will have to do so in this install or get Ghetto and tape the nut to the 10mm wrench to hold it while you tighten things up.
.The This tool Just allows you adapt easily between sizes if your lazy or don't have the space fro the larger tool to fit in.
Pi

I used A 1/4 inch ratchet due to its size and usability in tight confines.

Then the Rear Diffuser comes with Allen head bolts.....I also used this opportunity to go to the local hardware and buy more stainless steel washers and some Nylok Stainless nuts instead for the Normal ones that came with the kit as I am concerned with Durability and backing out due to vibrations throughout the body of the vehicle.

Now Get two jackstand.....a jack and proceed to put the FiST up. I just used the Center axle beam to use as a jacking point instead of doing each side individually. The placed the jack stands at the rear pinch welds and lowered the car down to be held. No I DO NOT have enough oil at my house....I have a second garage with enough oil to start and Exxon Valdez like EPA disaster.

Locate all the 3 brackets that came In Box for the Diffuser. The First bracket they say to install is the Driverside rear bracket it is held is by the 2 nuts, 2 bolts and 2 washers supplied. If you wanna be able to adjust the diffuser up and down leave them a little loose. This is Mn and we Use salt as you can see the Cancer in my Pics!

The Next bracket is the Passengerside rear this is done exactly the same way as the driverside.

Next bracket is the center bracket near the center beam in front of the Evap. charcoal canister. These nuts and bolts are a real treat to do and if you have larger forearm's your gonna have fun. The nuts and bolts are done blind. This can be done a few different ways I've figured out......You can do this bracket first if you'd like...then do the rears. Its a really tight area to work In but it can be done.

I used my Transmission Jack to hold the Diffuser up while I started to tighten and level everything out. I used a Towel on the jack to prevent an marring to the metal of the Diffuser also.

Then I started to go around and tighten up the bolts. If you want to raise the diffuser up there are provided spacers and longer bolts to lower it if you'd like. I did not lower mine down at all due to an install of lowering springs coming soon so I'm thinking ahead of not having to do the job twice after the springs are in. This gave me a chance to inspect my ceramic coated exhaust also...so far Still good!

Get it all lined up the way you want. Tighten up the Nuts and bolts that hold the shield to the brackets on underside of the Diffuser. Grab a level and make sure its even/ plum unless your into that stance crooked shit. Then lower it back down....Back up and admire your fine looking Aero you have installed. I also have done the side skirts in Vegas motorsports 1 piece and a Rally innovations 3 piece front splitter. Pictures to follow after its all dolled up and washed.

Now kick back and have alittle Drinky poo!
I Love her

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #33
I understand living in Canadia you have a lot of time on your hands during those long winter months
I'm in the states you hoser..

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I can't wait 'till mine gets here.
So many ideas and nothing to play with. :(

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #40
Here are some more pictures....I am out shopping so If you need more I'll take them at home. It dirty I know...I'll wash it tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk