Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vibra-Technics Mounts Review

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I have tried to adjust mine twice now. My car rattles and vibrates excessively. There's a really annoying buzzing that comes from my dash that goes away if I press on the trim around the gauge cluster. It was fine the first few weeks I had the RMM, but I'm considering going back to stock or a different upgrade that is less harsh. It feels like things have worked loose over time.
Are you running track or fast road? what is your psm or drivers side ? I love mine and ya little to none. Initially when Installed the RMM I had a little vibration at idle but after break in did not notice it. then I put in a passenger after having a different brand in again nothing. I finally put in the drivers side last really needed it as the other two being in without it was acerbating my TQ steer. After putting it in the TQ really got tamed.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Are you running track or fast road? what is your psm or drivers side ? I love mine and ya little to none. Initially when Installed the RMM I had a little vibration at idle but after break in did not notice it. then I put in a passenger after having a different brand in again nothing. I finally put in the drivers side last really needed it as the other two being in without it was acerbating my TQ steer. After putting it in the TQ really got tamed.
Other mounts are stock, and it's fast road.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I have tried to adjust mine twice now. My car rattles and vibrates excessively. There's a really annoying buzzing that comes from my dash that goes away if I press on the trim around the gauge cluster. It was fine the first few weeks I had the RMM, but I'm considering going back to stock or a different upgrade that is less harsh. It feels like things have worked loose over time.
Well if you have not done the psm its probably bad. For one the RMM controls engine movement side to side but one thinks of it as backward and forward due to our engines being mounted transverse and is only usually noticed when one shifts quickly applying gas and the engine kicks over towards the firewall and literally sounds like it’s hitting it. A distinct hard clunk most rmm‘s do not cause noticeable vibration unless extremely stiff which the Fast Road version is not so stiff it normally does that. Though once you replace the stock one with an upgraded one you know have started putting force on the other two and yes a broken passenger side mount would cause possible vibration.
So if you have some miles on your stock mounts then ya they will give up because they were never designed to handle 200hp or more. It’s a weak link in our cars most of us switch out the RMM ( it’s really a torque damper) and the Passenger side mount ( yup it’s really an engine mount) . A lot do the PSM because after tuning even on the stock turbo TQ steer rears it’s ugly head and the PSM goes a ways towards curbing it. Actually in upgraded turbo applications it’s really wise to change both sides as otherwise you can and will get TQ steer from either side not being done.
First hand experience with this going through tuning my s280. So ya before you are ready to ditch the RMM at least do the PSm because people have broken the stock bolt because the stock mount is so soft .