Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vibra-Technics Mounts Review

Decided to upgrade all three motor mounts and I'm wondering why I didn't do it sooner.

I went with the Vibra-Technics Fast Road set and install was a breeze. There is an awesome write up on the forums and it was easy to follow along.

Right off the bat, NVH was minimal. I have a 2018 model and I could only feel a slight increase in NVH from stock. Even if the NVH settles down over time, I was surprised at how tolerable and negligent the initial increase in NVH was.

The biggest improvements by far was shift feel and traction. Previously I had a COBB RMM with stock PMM/TMM and the driving feel is like night and day after install. Shifts are so much smoother and it also seems to put more power down without spinning the wheels.

Definitely a huge improvement over the stock mounts and I'd definitely recommend planning for these even if you're FBO. Shoutout to Ron @Whooshmotorsports for always being so communicative and shipping quickly.

Attachments

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Decided to upgrade all three motor mounts and I'm wondering why I didn't do it sooner.

I went with the Vibra-Technics Fast Road set and install was a breeze. There is an awesome write up on the forums and it was easy to follow along.

Right off the bat, NVH was minimal. I have a 2018 model and I could only feel a slight increase in NVH from stock. Even if the NVH settles down over time, I was surprised at how tolerable and negligent the initial increase in NVH was.

The biggest improvements by far was shift feel and traction. Previously I had a COBB RMM with stock PMM/TMM and the driving feel is like night and day after install. Shifts are so much smoother and it also seems to put more power down without spinning the wheels.

Definitely a huge improvement over the stock mounts and I'd definitely recommend planning for these even if you're FBO. Shoutout to Ron @Whooshmotorsports for always being so communicative and shipping quickly.
This is something I need to do to my fiesta. Good to hear that the NVH isn't bad at all.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just bought the engine motor mount. I have to pull the stock motor mount to replace the tensioner pulley so I figured I might as well upgrade while I'm in there. Will just upgrading one side cause any issues? I would do both but I'm broke lol. I already have a Cobb RMM, curious to see what kind of a difference the others make.

OP
alpinejook
Thread Starter #6
Just bought the engine motor mount. I have to pull the stock motor mount to replace the tensioner pulley so I figured I might as well upgrade while I'm in there. Will just upgrading one side cause any issues? I would do both but I'm broke lol. I already have a Cobb RMM, curious to see what kind of a difference the others make.
I'm not entirely sure but I would assume that replacing the PMM with a stiff one while keeping the TMM stock would lead to faster wear on the TMM and RMM. Probably not a big deal if you plan on getting an uprated TMM in the near future, perhaps another member can provide their insight on this.

Also, as you can see I went from a Cobb RMM to the Vibra-Technics and it seems to have helped a great deal. The Cobb wore out over time and got pretty soft. I've driven ~4,000 miles since I swapped in the Vibra-Technics mounts and it still drives like a dream. (y)

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm not entirely sure but I would assume that replacing the PMM with a stiff one while keeping the TMM stock would lead to faster wear on the TMM and RMM. Probably not a big deal if you plan on getting an uprated TMM in the near future, perhaps another member can provide their insight on this.

Also, as you can see I went from a Cobb RMM to the Vibra-Technics and it seems to have helped a great deal. The Cobb wore out over time and got pretty soft. I've driven ~4,000 miles since I swapped in the Vibra-Technics mounts and it still drives like a dream. (y)
Yeah, I do plan on replacing the transmission mount soon. Once I replace that, the RMM will probably be next (unless buying tires gets in the way)

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I have their RMM sitting in my garage. I'm surprised they don't add much NVH because I don't see a lot of bushing there. Must just be a good design.

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
I have their RMM sitting in my garage. I'm surprised they don't add much NVH because I don't see a lot of bushing there. Must just be a good design.
Just wait until you run your AC at idle. It's the only time I get excessive NVH with all 3 mounts installed.

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
BTW everyone who has the Vibra technics RMM installed. Be sure to check it for tightness regularly. Mine has come loose a few times already. Thinking about adding a dab of loctite.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
BTW everyone who has the Vibra technics RMM installed. Be sure to check it for tightness regularly. Mine has come loose a few times already. Thinking about adding a dab of loctite.
I think blue loctite is the temporary kind. Shouldn’t take much besides a dab.

Man I’m gonna seem like the forum idiot with some of my posts.

i have the vibra-technics motor mounts bookmarked to order as one of my first mods, but I only see 2 MM on their site. What am I missing?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Man I’m gonna seem like the forum idiot with some of my posts.

i have the vibra-technics motor mounts bookmarked to order as one of my first mods, but I only see 2 MM on their site. What am I missing?
They have the Rear motor mount...Engine mount and Transmission mount*

They have the Rear motor mount...Engine mount and Transmission mount*
so they don’t list the trans mount on the .com site, but it’s on the UK site and on Whoosh. So that explains why I didn’t see it I have the .com site bookmarked

Just picked up the PSMM, and tranny mount since one seems to be going out (noise issue that others have had). Went with the road version and am pairing with the track spec whoosh RMM. Will update upon installation!

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Have all three on now it’s really solid and little to none vibration Fast road version.
I have tried to adjust mine twice now. My car rattles and vibrates excessively. There's a really annoying buzzing that comes from my dash that goes away if I press on the trim around the gauge cluster. It was fine the first few weeks I had the RMM, but I'm considering going back to stock or a different upgrade that is less harsh. It feels like things have worked loose over time.