Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vibratechnics Motor mount....Trans. mount....RMM DIY Install

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
That's what typhoon gave in the first post. I just torqued mine to that and nothing broke.
I just spent a year torquing electrical connections, 70 ft lbs was on the high end of anything we torqued and we used a 1/2” drive torque ratchet to do it. I have an irrational fear of over torquing something and stripping something out or snapping it off. Then again, my job depended on it.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
Well....since I got a new phone and it doesn't have a removable memory card, I can't look in my fomoco manual....and that's where it is I'm sure. I scoured all over for an answer with no luck! Its a Nylock nut also i do believe, so if you torque it to 50 ft lbs it won't go anywhere.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well....since I got a new phone and it doesn't have a removable memory card, I can't look in my fomoco manual....and that's where it is I'm sure. I scoured all over for an answer with no luck! Its a Nylock nut also i do believe, so if you torque it to 50 ft lbs it won't go anywhere.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
That's perfect, I took a guess and torqued it to 50 ft lbs before you answered. Great minds think alike . . . :ROFLMAO:

I have all 3 Vibra mounts and torqued them per the torque specs posted in the DIY on them and haven't had an issue with them since. I would torque them, put some miles on them and re-check with a torque wrench again just for piece of mind. I also torqued the nylock nut that comes with the new passenger side mount to 50 ft lb.