Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Volk TE37's

I found a set of 16" Volk TE37's and was wondering if they would fit, mainly the offset. I am clueless when it comes to wheel fitment. Anyways, they are: 16x7 4x108 28offset. The hub bore can be machined to whatever I need. Thanks for the input!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I always reference this thread here when it comes to wheel sizes. According to this, it wouldn't fit or would need some work to fit. By lowering the offset from +47.5mm to +28mm you will have the wheel stick out about .75" more than stock (correct me if I'm wrong, not 100% on this)

I think the wheels may work. I'm not an offset expert though!

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/7-Fiesta-ST-Wheel-Size-Offset-amp-Tire-Information

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #7
I always reference this thread here when it comes to wheel sizes. According to this, it wouldn't fit or would need some work to fit. By lowering the offset from +47.5mm to +28mm you will have the wheel stick out about .75" more than stock (correct me if I'm wrong, not 100% on this)

I think the wheels may work. I'm not an offset expert though!
Thanks guys that's very helpful! Never heard of this site. Awesome, thank you! (They will fit)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Not a good offset, I have not seen that video but will watch it shortly, it is not always whether they fit under the car or not, it is about many induced issues that some modders do not know or do not care about.

I have numerous suspension books on how to setup a car to handle at its best and scrub radius is always part of the equation which is impacted quite a bit when changing the offset by very much.

I have some compromise in the setup on my car but the wider track, more rubber on the ground, lower height but not to low, etc....all things considered then what I could get in wheels and tires to fit. 15x9 +35mm wheels, 2mm spacers when the race tires are on the front to clear the coilovers for an effective 33mm offset, not optimal but I was willing to do so for the other gains included. My car has effects from it which I am working on solutions to help correct it though I can drive it that way quite well it could be a bit more stable and thus faster and safer on track, it would require modifying the front knuckles or design and manf new ones. I do not put a lot of miles on the car nor drive it all out on public roads so the added wear is not a big issue to me as I do a great deal of routine maintenance including inspecting everything.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #10
Altering the offset that much may affect a lot more than you think. I learned a lot from watching this video: https://youtu.be/hWijfooeSyU

The guy is an engineer and breaks concepts down into easy to understand illustrations.
Not a good offset, I have not seen that video but will watch it shortly, it is not always whether they fit under the car or not, it is about many induced issues that some modders do not know or do not care about.

I have numerous suspension books on how to setup a car to handle at its best and scrub radius is always part of the equation which is impacted quite a bit when changing the offset by very much.

I have some compromise in the setup on my car but the wider track, more rubber on the ground, lower height but not to low, etc....all things considered then what I could get in wheels and tires to fit. 15x9 +35mm wheels, 2mm spacers when the race tires are on the front to clear the coilovers for an effective 33mm offset, not optimal but I was willing to do so for the other gains included. My car has effects from it which I am working on solutions to help correct it though I can drive it that way quite well it could be a bit more stable and thus faster and safer on track, it would require modifying the front knuckles or design and manf new ones. I do not put a lot of miles on the car nor drive it all out on public roads so the added wear is not a big issue to me as I do a great deal of routine maintenance including inspecting everything.
Yeah, I just watched the video. Thanks for the info guys. I really want a set of light forged wheels. I contacted ADV.1 about making me a set, still waiting for them to get back to me.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
YOU DO NOT NEED FORGED WHEELS:)

Good cast and better yet, roll or flow formed are nearly as strong and sometimes more flexible which can help on public roads to prevent cracks....and many are super low in weight and hugely more affordable.

A 4x100 bolt pattern change can net you great quality decent weight wheels with money to spare, in some wheels enough for a set of spares and in nearly all cases much easier to find replacements if you damage one but best fitments are in 15" where you can already get good 15x8's from PCA.

I have owned $7k 3 piece, $4.5k Mono blocks, hundreds of other wheels, my current wheels, which I have 18 for the car cost at the most $124 each shipped but in 15's, if you want 16's then the PCA deal he is working on are likely the best option right now in 16x8, 4x018 if enough want them to have it done.

A 7" wheels is a bit narrow if you want an actual upgrade.

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #12
Uhhhh 17x8 cast wheel 19-22lbs ... 17x8 forged 14-16lbs. Not sure why people continue to debate about forged vs cast (the price I suppose). I looked into going 4x100, but after reading [MENTION=1568]wspec[/MENTION] thread I became discouraged.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
How about these, huge track history on the now flow formed in 15" and and now they are made in bigger sizes like this 17x8, 14.8lbs, $219 to $229 each (not made in 4x108)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Unfortunately not much being done in 16" but there is the RPF1 in 16x8, 4x100, a bit over $200 each, flow formed....

A bunch of BMWs race on 18x8x9,10 flow formed Apex Arc 8 wheels, I had 12 of them in 10" wide for my last race car project, less than $200 each when I bough them.

I have ten 13.4 lb, 15x9, (there are a couple of others a bit lighter but I like these more for a few reasons and designed for raceing) flow formed, I have pounded over the curbs on a bit lighter weigh set for 8 sessions without issue, $1240 shipped for all ten wheels.

15x8 are 12.8 lbs, $119 each...

Lots of great options for very low cost if take the time to switch to 4x100.

I was hoping to see more 16's come out with the launch of the ND MX-5 going back to that bolt pattern but the industry just does not support it well but still some great tires available, overall better choices in 15 and 16 than 17" tires which just get to tall when going wider.

I want a set of the 6uls so bad wish they made a 4x108 depends on the flares might have to switch to the dark side lol

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
6UL, roll(same as flow) formed, 15x11, 14.5lbs, $219, available around January:)

15x10, 13.6lbs, $199, January, still no street tires.....

15x9, 12.4 lbs, $175, Available now, 225/35/15 Rival S fits very well.

NOTE: I am still waiting to here back from Emilo on fitment over BBKs.

Race tires only, no street tires made to fit:(