Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 Volkswagen Golf R Preorders Start January 8

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Idk something about the Golf R or GTI that just doesn't excite me. I know the GTI on the APR tune makes some crazy power but still, maybe too understated

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I still wish we could get the Polo! How ever these hot hatchs are good for the industry. I feel like VW has to many diff models that are pretty much the same car though.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I still wish we could get the Polo! How ever these hot hatchs are good for the industry. I feel like VW has to many diff models that are pretty much the same car though.
Super Agree. Its a V6 Toregg, I mean... Twin turbo V8 awd Porsche !!!
Its a 4 cylinder $20k golf, I mean.... A V8 awd S4 !!!

Just like i had a problem with a $12k lancer costing $36k in 2003 just because the engine. I have the same issue with a $70k S4 coming from 170hp jetta, lol.

On the flip side, I don't have that type of money, hense, I'm not the target of such cars. I'm sure 99% of those car buyers have no idea the DNA of there $70 S4 is from a $20k jetta, and 99% wouldn't care anyway. They mostly could care less about speed or driving, they are buying a name. Most AMG buyers struggle to tell you what the factory hp and/torque rating is on there $120k performance machine.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
[video=youtube;Tp0tMnxNhGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp0tMnxNhGk[/video]

On the other hand, that's pretty respectable

Not to mention the new golf r will actually have new interior which vw has been waiting to do for 10 years. First comment on that website hit it spot on, "40k for this car is crazy." I am sorry but vw has been lacking in their design for ages now. Nothing new at all. Great they made the engine better, thats awesome but your new car looks just like the last years and the year before. I am just disappointed in them as a brand.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
[video=youtube;Tp0tMnxNhGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp0tMnxNhGk[/video]

On the other hand, that's pretty respectable
DO WANT! Sunday cruise to mid 10s got to love it. APR has there shit together for sure.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Prob mostly just drivers and conditions, but I've repeatedly from 1.8T car to TT's with twin turbos, to newer VW's seen APR's shop cars go incredibly insanely faster than the same 5 other customer cars with the same mods.

On the flipside OF THAT, i love those older AWD vr6 twin turbo bugs they built. They ran like 11.0 something like 52 passes in a row for a magazine tester.

Ironic, here we are, 10 years later and they have a golf that.... Does the samething with "better everything".

I'd drive them back to back, but I'd def give the golf R a shot before just buying a focus RS. Assuming i was in the small market for either one ( which I'm not ).

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Also... Just looked at its euro-spec performance numbers...

Hopefully with a mod or two it will be as fast as my 4 door fiesta. Lmao. ( just teasing, calm down guys :) )

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Mmmmmm feelin the Vdub love :) will order one once the first wave is done and we get a color choice... only frowny face is She wanted a sunroof.. but awd and 300ish Hp will more than make up for it LOL

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Mmmmmm feelin the Vdub love :) will order one once the first wave is done and we get a color choice... only frowny face is She wanted a sunroof.. but awd and 300ish Hp will more than make up for it LOL
Rumor has it the ugly Chadis wheels are 19x8 and only 22 lbs .. will have to wait and see I guess LOL still like the Pretoria wheels better if only they offered them

Attachments