Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WAVESPEC Performance Brake Rotor GROUP BUY

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
WAVESPEC Performance Rotor GROUP BUY!
We are running a quick and easy Group Buy to introduce this innovative rotor to our product line.
The group buy is very easy and will run for approx 2 weeks.
Use coupon code WAVESPECwm to save 12% on any pair of front, rear or both rotors sets

Shipping is set at a flat fee of $10 per set unless we exceed 50 rotors then all rotors ship FREE
$10 shipping and FREE SHIPPING is for the CONUS ONLY, please message us for shipping quotes outside the continental USA

Once the Group Buy has ended please allow 5-10 business days for your rotors to ship
Focus ST rotors will be added later today and ARE part of this Group Buy as well

Let me know if there are any questions about the group buy or products

LINK TO OUR suspension and brake page: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/ford-fiesta-st-suspension
-Ron

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Interesting item, good luck with the buy. The asymetric edges in the bottom photo make my OCD flare though. =)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Reduced surface area = reduced heat dissipation. At first blush i was excited about these but the more i look into it, the more i feel these are more form > function than anything. There's a ton of debate for either case tho. If i hadn't JUST received the StopTech rotors i order from you, i may have taken a chance on these. Especially at this GB cost! I don't suppose you'd do free returns? ;-)

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I see scalloped rotors used for weight reduction where heat dissipation isn't an issue, like on motorcycles and the rear of light open wheel and sports racers. Taking that mass out of the front rotor of a relatively heavy fender-ed car seems like a move in the wrong direction. They're claiming increased heat dissipation, I guess from the increased surface area on the edge of the rotor, but aren't talking about thermal mass. I think that's in direct proportion to mass in a given material, i.e. less iron == less place for the heat to go == hotter rotors, even if you can throw the heat off a wee bit quicker.

I'm running SVT rotors in the rear to try to balance my front Wilwoods. I heat-sticked the rear to get an idea of how much heat I'm making on a track session and didn't melt any of wax, so I know I don't have a heat problem. I might consider a set of these in the rear to save some weight. I would not run scalloped rotors in the front as I can cook those rotors as quickly as I want - less thermal mass is the last thing I need, even though I'm a lightness whore.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
edit: was trying to be funny but realized I sounded like a dick in a vendor thread. Sorry Ron!

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
guys honestly no worries!
this is a pretty "different" set of rotors
I have a set of Black Series I'll install on the 2018 Magnetic shop car in a few days with some EBC pads.
WAVESPEC sponsors a Focus ST that tracks these rotors as well as some Fiesta ST's that track them as well. There are some high end cars that are equipped with a similar design on the front and rear as this style like the Audi R8 so I don't think there are any risks running them. I'll be happy with weight savings and they sure do look pretty cool.
I'm going to weigh them and post pics here in a bit.
Stay tuned!