Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What happens if I add 1 gallon of E85 when filling up?

Magnetic

Hey All!
I’m running a 91 tune and was curious if it would harm the car to add 1 gallon of E85 to my tank while filling up?
Just wanted to see if it would make any difference just for fun.
Thanks!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I know that on the factory tune and snail, there is NO harm done (and maybe a little performance/power benefit) to running an 'E20'/93 blend (like ~2 gallons of E85 in a full tank).

I would contact Adam to confirm this on your particular tune, and Whoosh hybrid, just to be sure. [wink]

Last edited:

Sam4

There are opinions that its an effective fuel system cleaner. I tried it in my mazdaspeed3 (no tune, just curious), but it threw a code (lean?), and I never tried again.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
tossing a gallon or two of e85 in has been known for a long time now. Like others posted it causes a cooling effect in hot weather on our cars. Though If you are going to go full E30 ya have Adam drop you a tune for it. He will put the the pump gas tune in slot 1 and the E30 tune in slot 2 on your AP so you can switch on the fly. Depending on what you fill up with. Of course if you pump e30 give it a few miles of driving around to mix before flashing the e30 tune.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Hey All!
I’m running a 91 tune and was curious if it would harm the car to add 1 gallon of E85 to my tank while filling up?
Just wanted to see if it would make any difference just for fun.
Thanks!
Works great in the summer. When I was new at this and was running a Stratified tune, adding a gallon of e85 at fill ups made the corrections in hot weather almost totally disappear and the car felt "happier".

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #7
Works great in the summer. When I was new at this and was running a Stratified tune, adding a gallon of e85 at fill ups made the corrections in hot weather almost totally disappear and the car felt "happier".
Awesome!
tossing a gallon or two of e85 in has been known for a long time now. Like others posted it causes a cooling effect in hot weather on our cars. Though If you are going to go full E30 ya have Adam drop you a tune for it. He will put the the pump gas tune in slot 1 and the E30 tune in slot 2 on your AP so you can switch on the fly. Depending on what you fill up with. Of course if you pump e30 give it a few miles of driving around to mix before flashing the e30 tune.
Yeah the care def loses a lot of power in the AZ summers. Both of you guys noticed the same thing in the heat.

I'll add it in there even though now we just got to a bit cooler weather. The car in 115+ weather would get up to 209* and it was a dog. I'll see if this helps next summer.

Even with the Mishimoto radiator it was just too hot for the heat to go anywhere. But when it cools down it's instantly beast mode. haha