Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is this sound??HELP!

Happens after warmed up...more pronounced at start up...does not seem to be throw out bearing...and stops when ac is turned off..ideas?

Taken car 2 dealer 3 times. They changed the tensioner, adjusted the fan etc....Help! View attachment 20200621_112651.mp4

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
I thougt.of motor.mounts as.well, butbive been.able.to.isolated to the.a/c compresaor. When its on, then shattering starts. I only have.stage 01 by cobb and.borla catback.exhaust witj a KN FILTER.....

OP
L
Thread Starter #5
Sorry guys, had 2 threads on same thing..problem was resolved!!

Pic shows the culprit!

Well..after 7....Yes friends..7 visits to the dealer, 2 advisors, 3 mechanics, one tensioner, 1 new serpentine belt 1 new AC compressor, Corporate intervention and finally the service manager involved, It turns out the culprit of the sound was the bracket that maintains the axle in place. The bracket had play, therefor making the stupid vibration. I mentioned that yhe axles and transmission was repaired by them and thats where i thought they should have started. The reason AC compressor was changed was that when it was turned on and off the vibration stopped and started....It was just the compressor changing the rate of vibration of the engine.

7 trips for the concern?! Anytime you take that bracket off, you're supposed to replace it with new nuts as well. Sounds like they screwed up to me.