Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is this sound?

Envi

Had the blend door actuator fixed recently and now I hear this buzzing sound right around the infotainment/above the right knee. Is this the actuator starting to fail again? Can’t say I’ve heard it in the past. The sound is constant with the car on and dissipates a TINY bit after a few minutes but is still apparent. Any info would be appreciated.

here’s a video link in case the video doesn’t work for some https://streamable.com/bgalqc

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
E

Envi

Thread Starter #2
Update for anyone who it may concern:

Fairly certain it’s the climate control sensor fan.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I had to turn my computer speakers all the way up to hear anything on the video, but when I did it sounds like when you have a wire making contact with a fan in a computer.

OP
E

Envi

Thread Starter #4
I had to turn my computer speakers all the way up to hear anything on the video, but when I did it sounds like when you have a wire making contact with a fan in a computer.
Interesting I can hear it fine in my phone. It does sound like that, I believe the small climate control fan inside the little vent above the right knee gets clogged or starts to go bad. I’ll have to take apart the dash to find out.