Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What should my next tires be?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Is anyone running the federal 595 Rs-r on the streets?
I use mine on the street. Great summer tire, they do ok in the rain. I just take it easy and don't drive like an idiot when the ground is wet and I've had no issues.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I use mine on the street. Great summer tire, they do ok in the rain. I just take it easy and don't drive like an idiot when the ground is wet and I've had no issues.
Hey Frank, what kind of mileage wear do you get with these?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Hey Frank, what kind of mileage wear do you get with these?
Hard for me to answer this. I only use them from April-September (you know how the northeast winter can be)

I don't autoX but I do use them when I go to the track. This is the 2nd spring/summer I've used them. Plan on replacing them next spring. For the type of driving I do, they've done well with normal tire rotation. I've probably put 7500-9000 miles on them, with several trips to the track. For the price you pay, they're a good summer/track tire

OP
D
Thread Starter #24
Yeah we haven't been seeing much rain in SoCal so I'm not too worried about that. Are they pretty quiet or are they pretty noisey on the freeways?

OP
D
Thread Starter #25
Frankiefiesta uses them. I didn't recommend them to you because you said you may do 1 or 2 autocross sessions and your car mostly sees street use. The RS R is a great tire, but it's not too great on the rain and won't last as long. Super sticky though. If you did more track time, I would've recommended these over the Evos. But if your gong to see more street use than track, the Evo is a better tire for u.
Do you know the treadwear rating on the evos? I didn't see it on the website.

Bluedrank

Since we're on the topic. Does anyone have a recommendation for the stock rims on a car driven in Florida (rain / sun), but that also makes a trip to the mountains of North Carolina during the winter months?

So ideally I want something that performs well in the summer but that also won't freeze/ lose control if it hits light snow or very cold asphault.

Zissou

Since we're on the topic. Does anyone have a recommendation for the stock rims on a car driven in Florida (rain / sun), but that also makes a trip to the mountains of North Carolina during the winter months?

So ideally I want something that performs well in the summer but that also won't freeze/ lose control if it hits light snow or very cold asphault.
On my Mini Cooper I had Continental ExtremeContact DWS. They were about the best all season tire I've had. They could get me around 2" of snow, and gripped the road okay (compared to the Fiesta's Bridgestones)

I take my Fiesta when I go skiing, and got a second set of wheels. Found some 15" steelies for free on Craigslist, and Pirelli P4 all season tires for $60 per tire from tire rack. They're great in the snow, though don't really hold up to a stage 3 FiST haha. I'm in VA so we don't get enough snow to need true winter tires, sounds like you'd have a similar situation. Plus since they're a touring tire rated for like 60k miles which means I'll never have to replace them. So you might be able to get a set of off season wheels/tires cheaper than just all season tires for the 17's. Something to consider.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Yeah we haven't been seeing much rain in SoCal so I'm not too worried about that. Are they pretty quiet or are they pretty noisey on the freeways?
I have catless exhaust and a 2J racing cowl intake so I don't really hear my tires at all. I think they're tame