What tires are you running?

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I ran Nitto NT05 in the past and they stuck like glue.

Member ID
Have any of you had any issues with rubbing on the wheel well? I have perilli sotozeros that are 205/45/17 and I feel like one is rubbing a bit, I'm going to jack it tomorrow to figure out what the problem is. has anyone made any modifications to fit that size tire?

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Have any of you had any issues with rubbing on the wheel well? I have perilli sotozeros that are 205/45/17 and I feel like one is rubbing a bit, I'm going to jack it tomorrow to figure out what the problem is. has anyone made any modifications to fit that size tire?
Every tire brand is going to fit a little different even if they are the same size. Are you on stock suspension and stock wheels?

wilhitit

Member ID
I am running Nexen 2000 Plus in 205-40-17. I live in the mountains and needed solid tread wear along with all season traction. great grip and excellent warranty.

Member ID
I have the stock ones on for daily driving. I run Dunlop ZII Star Specs for autocross use and I have General Arctic Alimax for the winter. I ran NT-05 on my evo and those have to be some of the worst tires I have ever used. The loss of grip and lack of grip compared to ZII, ZI Star Specs, Hankook RS-3 even the Michelin Super Sports was almost laughable.

The Dunlops are in the 225/45/16 which seems to be the "magic size" for autocross use, at least in street classes. I had the orignal ZII , before they were discontinued in the size and they were good as well. The turn in and response out of the Star Specs is fantastic, I have almost 100 runs on them and they are still in good shape.

I was thinking about trying the Toyo R1R but I think that the car is a little heavy for those in street trim.

Member ID
235 on the rear is not an option from what I'm told. I'm used to "non-rotatable tires" like my G35 had, so its not a big deal to me.
Correct, the 235 on the rear will rub in most tires, the only one that bearly does is the Federal as they are a narrow 235.