Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What to check for when buying a Used Fiesta ST?

A 2017 FiST just popped up at around 20k miles and I've been eyeing it and was wondering should I take the dive?
What should I be expecting or look for before buying? Yes... I will go get a PPI before I buy it as that's mando.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Look for a CAI....Exhaust....Coilovers....RMM & Trans mount and Engine mounts. If it comes with an Cobb AP3 accessport..gauge pod ETC. Look to see if the exhaust has been cut and a band style exhaust clamp in place after they demoded it back to stock before turning it back in. the look to see if the Intercooler is Bar and plate or tube and fin style like OEM.

pixelzombie

Check the Carfax to see if it's been in a wreck. They often don't align the body panels when the work is done by a shady repair shop. Find a rough road for a test drive as the stiff suspension is the one glaring weakness of the FiST. Then find a circular exit ramp as that is where this vehicle is a blast to drive.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That year has the softer of the two suspensions I do believe. Its the 14's and 15's that were stiffer. The 16's and up were softer.

wetwea33

A 2017 FiST just popped up at around 20k miles and I've been eyeing it and was wondering should I take the dive?
What should I be expecting or look for before buying? Yes... I will go get a PPI before I buy it as that's mando.
Listen to the gearbox at all for whining or grinding. These cars are known for input shaft bearing issues. mine are currently being replaced. Check the pain over for bubbling, specifically near the antenna and the hatch. Turn the air conditioning on and off to see if the blend door actuators are clicking. go over maintenance records.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I would look for a car that hasn't been tuned. It's probably less likely to have had the hell driven out of it. If the seller says it hasn't been tuned, one way to check may be to have your PPI done at a Ford dealer. My understanding is that they can tell how many times the car has been started since the ECU has been reflashed, or reprogrammed. If it's a low number, this means that the ECU probably was reflashed recently. One possible reason for this might be the removal of a tune. There are others, but if that's the case I would try to find out why it was reflashed.