Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What to upgrade next?

focus_racer19

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
So I'm kinda stuck on what to upgrade next with this thing performance wise if theres anything left. I do NOT plan on going BT or even hybrid at all. I use the bean to commute on city streets back and forth to work and I drive moderately and only really get on it once in a blue moon. But modifying it makes me happy and I want to continue doing it but at this point I'm not sure what else to do that isn't just throwing money away, and Tune+ has told me the stock turbo is maxed out. Additionally, I cannot lower the car so mods like suspension are kinda out unless I do coilovers but its not a high priority currently.

Current Mods:
Whoosh V3 intercooler
Whoosh silicone boost hoses
Cold side pipe
Hot side pipe
Airtec turbo inlet
Whoosh Crossover pipe
Silicone "S" hose for intake
ITG intake
Thermal R&D 3" exhaust
Spark plugs gapped to tuners recommendations
Tune from Tune+
Radium Catch can
2014 EVAP harness
Koyo Radiator
HAWK brake pads
TurboSmart Komapct shortie

Let me know what yall recommend!

ronmcdon

You can get coilovers without lowering your car much at all. I have the meister gt1s with taller swift springs, so I have a more oem ride height. the springs are stiffer and I can adjust the dampening. works great as a street and track setup.

the silvers should be a good alternative too. I have a set of double adjustable with taller swift springs I plan to throw on my 19 civic si with the same idea in mind. you don't need a lowered car to have a decent suspension.

OP
F

focus_racer19

Thread Starter #6
You can get coilovers without lowering your car much at all. I have the meister gt1s with taller swift springs, so I have a more oem ride height. the springs are stiffer and I can adjust the dampening. works great as a street and track setup.

the silvers should be a good alternative too. I have a set of double adjustable with taller swift springs I plan to throw on my 19 civic si with the same idea in mind. you don't need a lowered car to have a decent suspension.
Im just trying to weigh the pros and cons of the coilovers, even without lowering it my stock suspension only has 35k on it so the ride is still pretty decent and not hitting the canyons or anything of the nature I'm not sure if it is worth it, but then again there always that chance of going up to the mountains and needing it. I'll add it to the list. Now if they could raise the car in the front thatd be perfect I have to coast out of my driveway or i'll scrape the front bumper when I hit the street

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As in Silvers Neomax?

From what you've heard, how is their quality/longevity as compared to the Meisters, or the Fortune Auto 500/510?

ronmcdon

Im just trying to weigh the pros and cons of the coilovers, even without lowering it my stock suspension only has 35k on it so the ride is still pretty decent and not hitting the canyons or anything of the nature I'm not sure if it is worth it, but then again there always that chance of going up to the mountains and needing it. I'll add it to the list. Now if they could raise the car in the front thatd be perfect I have to coast out of my driveway or i'll scrape the front bumper when I hit the street
Oh clearance is absolutely not an issue for me. I like tall ride height for fun street cars as I don't have to worry it scraping steep driveways and such. My evo has a super low ride height recommended by the mechanic who up the car for track driving and it's sometimes very annoying to drive on the streets because it scrapes every other incline.

The suspension overall adds more responsiveness to the car even with street driving and I like how there is more adjustment for front camber with the camber plates. I think it's really worth it. One needs not get super fancy MCS or AST coilovers. I think the meisters are a good setup.

ronmcdon

As in Silvers Neomax?

From what you've heard, how is their quality/longevity as compared to the Meisters, or the Fortune Auto 500/510?
yes the neomax silvers correct. I've not yet installed mine and may not do so until late this year. It is more affordable than the 500s and its hard to get double adjustables for the 2.4ish price range. Ron btw gets really good pricing on them.

interestingly on the civicx forums there was someone who used the 500s, had some quality control issues with one of the shocks going out, later went with the silvers and so far has had better experience. really small sample size of course, but not a lot of people I have used both the silvers and the fortune 500 setups and compared them.

Last edited:
Limited slip diff, although with your low mileage it might not be worth it to you. My slave cylinder was failing so for me it was a "while you're in there" type thing with the transmission coming out to fix it anyway.

Like others have said, lighter wheels have a great cost to benefit ratio overall, and good wheels aren't too bad on these cars.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
yes the neomax silvers correct. I've not yet installed mine and may not do so until late this year. It is more affordable than the 500s and its hard to get double adjustables for the 2.4ish price range. Ron btw gets really good pricing on them.

interestingly on the civicx forums there was someone who used the 500s, had some quality control issues with one of the shocks going out, later went with the silvers and so far has had better experience. really small sample size of course, but not a lot of people I have used both the silvers and the fortune 500 setups and compared them.
Thanks for that info. [thumb]

The Silver Neomax, modified and re-valved by Panda to go to and above the factory ride height, (labeled as an 'entry level gravel rally setup'), was one of the affordable coil over systems I was considering (why I asked).

But, then I heard about all of the horror stories of how Panda screwed over so many customers in general, and I got the proverbial cold feet on dealing with them (I cannot afford to lose $1500.00!).

In addition to realizing that coil overs will get destroyed here in salt soup land during the winter, something you will never ever have to worry about, as from what I understand they do not use salt, but sand, even up in the Sierras/mountains if you go there in the winter(?).

OP
F

focus_racer19

Thread Starter #14
Limited slip diff, although with your low mileage it might not be worth it to you. My slave cylinder was failing so for me it was a "while you're in there" type thing with the transmission coming out to fix it anyway.

Like others have said, lighter wheels have a great cost to benefit ratio overall, and good wheels aren't too bad on these cars.
Shit, these replies are making me forget stuff. I have Sparco Terra 16" wheels and Continental extreme contact in 205/50R16 as well. I'd love to get a lip on the front but there's literally like 1" between my bumper and the street when I pull out of my driveway just because they're both at angles. Not if I could raise the car just a hair that'd be awesome so I can get a lip and drive normal without bottoming out. Plus I got bad hips so I have to pretty much fall into the car lol

2 of my favorite mods i did were a shifter assembly from coolerworx and stiffer anti roll bars. The shifter made shifting hugely more satisfying and i've received compliments about the shifting feel from multiple people that drove my car. As for the anti roll bars, especially when i just had some stiffer ones in the rear the car became a lot more playful in the corners, way less understeer and a bit more oversteer, but very handleable. The stiffer anti roll bars also just get rid of almost all body roll, definitely a great upgrade.

Shit, these replies are making me forget stuff. I have Sparco Terra 16" wheels and Continental extreme contact in 205/50R16 as well. I'd love to get a lip on the front but there's literally like 1" between my bumper and the street when I pull out of my driveway just because they're both at angles. Not if I could raise the car just a hair that'd be awesome so I can get a lip and drive normal without bottoming out. Plus I got bad hips so I have to pretty much fall into the car lol
Are the Contis their DWS-06+ UHP all seasons?

If so, how is the turn-in, on that setup, and is their much squealing/noise when they are pushed in corners?

Ford Community Posts