Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel tire combos

Question for you guys who push the Fiesta ST hard on autocross/track-
what wheel (model and size) and tire sizes do you run and why?
I just street drive but *if* I found the money for wheels/tires I'd want to improve the performance and not just the "stance".
I'm less interested in tire model as a 50+ mile daily commute basically kills any real aggressive tire and I cant deal with two sets of wheels/tires right now.
Thanks.

Lighter is nice, and 16 inch gives you some options depending on how you want to go - like 205/50-16 looks good with stock suspension. You might find more info in other sub groups, since we kill our sticky tires on the track, road use just seems to even them out a little!

I run 16" Dekagrams with Falken 615s in 215/45 for summer and occasional autocross, the difference between them and the stock rims/all seasons I use for winter is immediately noticeable. Reducing unsprung weight is the most beneficial mod you can make, even without going to stickier tires.

My track setup is 215/45/16 BF Goodrich Rival S 1.5 on 16x8 bronze Koenig Dekagrams. Absolutely love the Rivals, performance for me has been just as good as the RE71R but the longevity is crazy, this is them after 4 full track days, probably gonna get 2 more out of them. IMG_20220513_221751.jpg

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

My track setup is 16x8 ET40 Dekagrams in black. Ran 205/45R16 RE-71Rs the last few events, but with how rough the surface we were racing on was, I was burning through them way too quickly for how much they cost. Decided to drop down to 15x8 ET30 Rota Slipstreams since I have way more tire options at reasonable prices (thank you Miatas). Got some 225/45R15 RS4s to try, and after those are dead, I was going to give 205/50R15 Nitto NT05s a shot since they're only $124 a pop.

I definitely recommend dropping down a size on our cars. 17s are rough. 16s or 15s definitely make the ride smooth. 16s are the best of both worlds as far as comfort and performance, but 15s have more tire options at more reasonable prices.

215/45r16 on 16x7" for autox. Previously had 205/45r16 on the same wheel, Conti ECS, and they were great on the street. Sidewalls just not stiff enough for autox with no camber though.

go with Team Dynamics race 1.2 15x8 with whatever tire. The tire options for 15" wheels is the most out of any size, and the tires are the cheapest. Fits over stock fiesta ST brakes without issue. Really anything that fits over stock brakes in 15" is good. 15x7 is probably good for just street, and 15x8 if track or autocross and fine for street too (unless you run H street)...

Last edited:
15x7.5 slips and a 205/50 is a great combo. Miata size tires and 11lbs lighter than stock according to my shipping scale. I have Kumho PS31 tires on here and they're great summer daily tires. Not a hardcore track tire, I'd autox on them though

Attachments

oh and you do need a small spacer in the rear if you want to run center caps. hub lip sticks out too far. I have 5mm but you may be able to get away with 3

15x7.5 slips and a 205/50 is a great combo. Miata size tires and 11lbs lighter than stock according to my shipping scale. I have Kumho PS31 tires on here and they're great summer daily tires. Not a hardcore track tire, I'd autox on them though
What’s your suspension set up because I have the same wheels and tire size.

I'm running 16's. Sparco Assetto Garas. Will mirror what others have said, the lighter wheel is VERY noticable. Current tires are RT660, probably not ideal with your commute (outside of fun, I put maybe 100-150miles per week on them). That said, they're like a cat on carpet 😁

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Yo nice! I've really been enjoying the R888R's. Had a friend in the backseat who kept turning around thinking something crazy was coming up on us due to the tire noise lol.
This reminds me of the famous quote from legendary baseball player Satchel Paige-
“Don’t Look Back; Something Might Be Gaining on You.”
He was still playing professional baseball at over 60 years of age, and when somebody asked him why someone his age was still competing, that quote was his answer.