Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When Should You Install A Tune On Your FiST

A lot of forum members here have been asking, when the appropriate time is for them to install their OTC tunes (i.e. Cobb, Livernois, etc.) and hopefully this will help guide them.

The short version is: Do it whenever you damn well please.

The long version is: You should generally install your tune after you do your initial break-in of the car. This is not because your really run a risk of breaking anything, but it allows you to get used to the basic driving dynamics of the car which are offered from the manufacturer. You aren't supposed to be going WOT (wide open throttle) within the first 1500 miles anyway, so that limits your use of the tune to begin with.

The thing to keep in mind is the FiST is still in it's early stages as far as long-term reliability goes. Every car on the road has it's quirks, so it will be interesting to see what becomes the known quirks of this platform. Either way, drive fun and drive safe.

[wave]

Pelotonracer2 break in....if you have the Ninja dicipline...it is worth checking out...and even if you can't keep yourself from rousting it...it is still an edifying read..

I think you should have tuned it the day before the post was made, but that's me :)

Truthfully, it's never a bad thing to make certain there is nothing wrong with the car before tuning it. But that means putting it through the paces before tuning it. Many times people never even go WOT, and then modify it and have no idea the gains they achieved.