Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Intercooler is the right one?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
One comment I can make on the CP-E FMIC is that it is MUCH more than just a core with end tanks on it.

We spent alot of time perfecting the size AND the end tanks to make the most of the physical space AND to make the most efficient flow in the end tanks as possible. One thing that you cannot see in the CP-E fmic pictures is the internal fin in the end tanks. What good is a huge core if you only use half of it?
*Open mouth. Insert foot.*

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Not going to read the whole thread and do not recall if responded before but for the power you want, DHM is the way to go.

I did a CX racing IC, bumper beam notch for more air flow to the rest of the coolers....then found out about and did the J-Line, and then ordered the first DHM and wish I had been able to before doing the others.

I actually bought a Cobb after the J-Line to save some weight as my car was to nose heavy but got offered to do the first DHM bumper/IC and jumped on it.

The Cobb unit is great for those with less ambitious plans and low in weight for those into making the car handle well, which the DHM is even better at with the weight of the beam and IC.

PhoenixM3

All,

I've just received my DHM race intercooler and crashbar and can't wait to install it. With the stock IC and a COBB OTS tune, I'm seeing a 30 degree delta on 3rd and 4th gear pulls. Even though it is cool here now in Italy. I'm thinking ahead and saving my pennies for future mods. Hi res pics to follow during the installation.

jayrod1980

My favorite mod... And most proud of how well it turned out. The DHM is like jewelry and Russ was there on the phone on a Sunday to help me out. I've said this before, but I've never changed a car's oil and was able to install this.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Please enlighten me gents. Where do you get this 280whp from an ST? Mine saw 190 on the dyno and the torque is off the planet. What exactly have you done?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Please enlighten me gents. Where do you get this 280whp from an ST? Mine saw 190 on the dyno and the torque is off the planet. What exactly have you done?
If you search the key words Cyborg and Dead Hook and ATP, your mind will be blown.

The Cyborg hybrid turbo with an e30 (I think) tune will get you close to 280, an ATP gt2560r big turbo kit will get a little more. A DHM Quick Spool v-band housing gt2560r can take you close to 350 if you can supply enough fuel. DHM makes kits with bigger turbochargers that can push 400+ also.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think I'll stay where I am. More than enough for me in such a small car. I would like to keep it without paying the local constabulary any money!