Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh 2 point trac bar in STH?

NrenST

Can we run the whoosh 2 point trac bar on an STH build? The SCCA rules are confusing to understand in this section.

Seems like the relevant part is 14.2, starting on page 86. Doesn't seem like the whoosh trac bar would be considered either a strut bar or subframe connector, does it? Though I don't know where this type of modification is covered anywhere in the rules...

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, I don't race but the trac bar does connect two opposing points of the subframe together...

Well, I don't race but the trac bar does connect two opposing points of the subframe together...
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...nt-trac-bar-2014-2019-fiesta-st-free-shipping says "This 2 point bar bolts to the to the front of the lower control arms and keeps the control arm mounts from flexing" -- are the lower control arms considered part of the subframe?

Also, if I'm reading 14.2 H right, only longitudinal SFCs are allowed.

OP
NrenST

NrenST

Thread Starter #5
Talked to my regional exec and looks like the trac bar doesn’t fit in sth. He also runs in sth. It connects to two points on the subframe which isn’t allowed unfortunately.