Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh Big Brake Kit + OZ Ultraleggera’s

Hey guys I am looking into the Whoosh BBK and have 17x7 OZ Ultraleggera’s on my car with a +42 offset. Does anyone know if I will need to run spacers for clearance purposes? I tried searching and even asking Ron, but I came up short with no answers for my specific question. Not sure if backspacing matters, but Tire Rack lists it at 5.67.

Sean

Attachments

kevinatfms

Ask Ron for a template for the caliper. Print it out, tape it to a piece of cardboard. Yank the wheel off and see if it will hit.

Lays

Do you have a picture of how much room you have behind the spokes to the brakes now? The whoosh bbk sticks out a lot further than the oem calipers, so if you don't have any room now, you'll definitely need a spacer

OP
Freefallin16
Thread Starter #5
Do you have a picture of how much room you have behind the spokes to the brakes now? The whoosh bbk sticks out a lot further than the oem calipers, so if you don't have any room now, you'll definitely need a spacer
Wheels aren’t back from refinisher yet, so the answer to that questions is no. But I’ll snap some once I put the wheels back on the car.

Magnetic

I did the math (more or less) for my BBK (Which is 4 piston like Whooshs BBK) and I believe it'll take a minimum of 5mm but no more than 10mm spacers for the OZ Ultras (I want those and will be getting them in a month or so).

Be sure to let us know how much space the stock brakes have between the wheel spokes and the caliper. (in MM)

OP
Freefallin16
Thread Starter #7
I did the math (more or less) for my BBK (Which is 4 piston like Whooshs BBK) and I believe it'll take a minimum of 5mm but no more than 10mm spacers for the OZ Ultras (I want those and will be getting them in a month or so).

Be sure to let us know how much space the stock brakes have between the wheel spokes and the caliper. (in MM)
Sounds good will try to get measurements soon. Sounds like we’re going to have the same car lol. Mine is also Magnetic with silver OZs. Bummer on the spacer I would rather not have to use them tbh. But if it’s 5mm that wouldn’t really be a huge deal. When I was installing the wheels today, I noticed what I would say is a pretty considerable gap between the inside of the spokes and caliper. Those Whoosh calipers must be massive compared to the stockers if spacers are needed.

Sean

Magnetic

Sounds good will try to get measurements soon. Sounds like we’re going to have the same car lol. Mine is also Magnetic with silver OZs. Bummer on the spacer I would rather not have to use them tbh. But if it’s 5mm that wouldn’t really be a huge deal. When I was installing the0 wheels today, I noticed what I would say is a pretty considerable gap between the inside of the spokes and caliper. Those Whoosh calipers must be massive compared to the stockers if spacers are needed.

Sean
Looks like we may have pretty much the same car! LoL

Yes the BBK if Whoosh or EBC will most def need more space. (It's a good thing because they're legit BBK's) I didn't want spacers either, trust me. But its part of the deal (Apparently) when you want the good stuff. 5MM and maybe even 10MM won't be a horrible trade-off for the gains in stopping power. But the less spacer the better . (IMO) However the gains in stopping power will trump the change in steering feel. For example, I'm running 20mm spacers right now and I would still prefer having the BBK on there vs stockers.