Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh brand Rear Window Rally Vents are here! In Stock.....

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Bluedrank

So these arrived today and I've gotta say, I'm really not loving the fitment at all. They look awesome and the finish is great. But they just honestly don't fit amazingly well.

So they slide into place pretty easily, that's a plus. When you roll up the windows though, you'll quickly notice that they don't actually line up to the window, it sort of sits recessed behind the window. Towards the front of the car, the fitment is actually better, it seats pretty flush. But as you go further back towards the rear of the car the metal doesn't line up evenly with the glass.

I feel as if the only part of the window that's holding these things is place is actually the front corner of the window, everything else just hangs loose.

Bluedrank

And btw, the pictures above are the same part installed on both windows. I wanted to double check that they weren't specifically designed for a single side, which it doesn't appear that they are.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
So these arrived today and I've gotta say, I'm really not loving the fitment at all. They look awesome and the finish is great. But they just honestly don't fit amazingly well.

So they slide into place pretty easily, that's a plus. When you roll up the windows though, you'll quickly notice that they don't actually line up to the window, it sort of sits recessed behind the window. Towards the front of the car, the fitment is actually better, it seats pretty flush. But as you go further back towards the rear of the car the metal doesn't line up evenly with the glass.

I feel as if the only part of the window that's holding these things is place is actually the front corner of the window, everything else just hangs loose.

we made our vents from a thicker material than the others out there
so molding it to the contour of the window isn't as easy but that's the key to making them fit nice
making a slight shape to the rear part so the vent follows the window all the way across / don't be afraid to make a small bend to adjust it
it will set in there much better and hold in place properly

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As Ron said above and you may not have read the note at the bottom of my first post in this thread.

Note: You may need to bow the vent just a little to match the couture of your window.

This of course means that then the vents will be a right and left.
However, with this little tweak the fit will be more correct.

Dave

Bluedrank

As Ron said above and you may not have read the note at the bottom of my first post in this thread.

Note: You may need to bow the vent just a little to match the couture of your window.

This of course means that then the vents will be a right and left.
However, with this little tweak the fit will be more correct.

Dave
Lol I actually didn't read the note, thanks for pointing that out. And thanks Ron for the quick reply as well.

I'll give then a bend and get the fitment perfect, thanks for the tip.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #27
Lol I actually didn't read the note, thanks for pointing that out. And thanks Ron for the quick reply as well.

I'll give then a bend and get the fitment perfect, thanks for the tip.
let us know how it goes!

How loud/noticeable is the wind turbulence from these? I've wanted vents for a while now but a good portion of my daily driving is >70mph and am curious how loud this will be.