Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh Coldside Intercooler pipe Fitment*

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
To those who have the Whoosh Coldside pipe with Upgraded Mountune Radiator and 4-port Auxiliary Fuel. How hard was it to fit the pipe? I tried with the CP-e Pipe, But it was Not gonna F*cking happen as its diameter is 2.75 inches. Whoosh's pipe is 2.5 inches and i Just wanna get rid of the Stock pipe with the symposer plug and itching to spend more money. [driving]

Last edited:

Erick_V

Tight from what I remember. The last time I fitted it up WITHOUT aux (stock turbo) it couldn't be installed without removing the oil filter and you may have to rotate some clips on the oil filter plate hoses around because the orientation of them will contact the pipe. I'm sure you could make it fit up without removing the filter but I DEI Gold taped mine so I didn't want to peel the tape off by constantly banging it into place. I still have my whoosh cold pipe in a box somewhere lol. FWIW I use an FL-400s filter and have a Mountune Rad.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Tight from what I remember. The last time I fitted it up WITHOUT aux (stock turbo) it couldn't be installed without removing the oil filter and you may have to rotate some clips on the oil filter plate hoses around because the orientation of them will contact the pipe. I'm sure you could make it fit up without removing the filter but I DEI Gold taped mine so I didn't want to peel the tape off by constantly banging it into place. I still have my whoosh cold pipe in a box somewhere lol. FWIW I use an FL-400s filter and have a Mountune Rad.
This is exactly what I ran up against with the Mountune rad and I use FL-400’s filters as well. I wound up selling my Whoosh cold side pipe because of this. It was very frustrating and I wanted it to fit so bad. :cry: I figure if I had everything apart and installed the cold pipe first and then put in the radiator, shroud and filter it might fit but way to much work and effort as that stuff was already in.

No 4 port here but I do have the Mountune rad with the Mishimoto hot and cold pipe kit (2.5inches). It is tight but it fits. The oil filter is a bitch to tighten sometimes.....it's just THAT close.

I'll one up everyone, I have the eBay radiator, boomba intake and throttle body spacers, FL-400S, and the whoosh cold side pipe installed. It's a super tight fit but its doable.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
I'll one up everyone, I have the eBay radiator, boomba intake and throttle body spacers, FL-400S, and the whoosh cold side pipe installed. It's a super tight fit but its doable.
GeT Pics if you can...I'm curious to see how close.[driving]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ya that’s like crazy tight. It’s actually tighter than I would be comfortable with.
the whoosh cold side has been through 2 slight revisions since your attempted install : ordered August 8, 2019 at 6:13 pm
fitment is much better than cp-e and mishimoto options , confirmed too many times to count

Dpro

6000 Post Club
the whoosh cold side has been through 2 slight revisions since your attempted install : ordered August 8, 2019 at 6:13 pm
fitment is much better than cp-e and mishimoto options , confirmed too many times to count
that’s good glad you made the revisions Ron.

I had the mishimoto pipes before, fitment was eh, it started to hit stuff and gauge the fan box. I would have gotten the whoosh but I went back to stock since I wanted to keep the symposer

I had the mishimoto pipes before, fitment was eh, it started to hit stuff and gauge the fan box. I would have gotten the whoosh but I went back to stock since I wanted to keep the symposer
😱 Why would you want the kazoo back on?