Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh V3 intercooler Flash SALE $50 off now through 5/10/2022 @ midnight

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
another flash sale is active now!

whoosh motorsports V3 intercooler flash sale !
$50 off with FREE SHIPPING in the USA
Discount is automatic / No CODE needed
Black coated and RAW finishes only
Offer good through Friday (8/19) @ midnight

Link to Product : https://whooshmotorsports.com/.../2014-fiesta-st-v2...

The fitment is tight as hell. I was a little worried because I heard some folks couldn’t get the air dam back on, but I got everything back where it needed to go. There is the SLIGHTEST gap between the bumper trim and side panels.

I had to prop the intercooler on the shipping box with a another cardboard shim while I worked everything into place. Without doing that when I got one peg in its rubber grommet, the other would pop out.

I greased the intercooler inlets with a bit of silicone and worked them on as far as possible, and loosened up the clamps further up so they could flex and twist to avoid a collapsed bend. I probably reworked the piping 3-4 times over to help snug the intercooler as close to the car as possible.

Looks good.
Damn. That doesn't sound fun at all. Switching from the Mishimoto J-Line front mount to the V3 because of heat soak near 7k during tuning. Hopefully the low charge temps hype is legit or I spent hundreds for nothing.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
Damn. That doesn't sound fun at all. Switching from the Mishimoto J-Line front mount to the V3 because of heat soak near 7k during tuning. Hopefully the low charge temps hype is legit or I spent hundreds for nothing.
Don't believe everything you read
Please realize there are a lot of different levels of mechanical ability when it comes to installations
I've personally installed V1's, V3's , cp-e, and Pro Alloy intercoolers on our Fiesta's. Everything fits exactly how it should aside from the little plastic center wedge on the lower splash shield that is omitted when installing the V3 or ANY larger than OEM intercooler. No trimming required and certainly no issues with charge pipe fitment. The V3 intercooler does take up pretty much every inch of available space which means the bracket positioning and alignment is important when installing.
After so many years of selling literally thousands of intercoolers the only thing you'll read about sadly are the very few that had install difficulty
The 99+% of installs that are completed as they should don't post "whew installed as it should" lol

Please realize there are a lot of different levels of mechanical ability when it comes to installations
I've personally installed V1's, V3's , cp-e, and Pro Alloy intercoolers on our Fiesta's. Everything fits exactly how it should aside from the little plastic center wedge on the lower splash shield that is omitted when installing the V3 or ANY larger than OEM intercooler. No trimming required and certainly no issues with charge pipe fitment. The V3 intercooler does take up pretty much every inch of available space which means the bracket positioning and alignment is important when installing.
After so many years of selling literally thousands of intercoolers the only thing you'll read about sadly are the very few that had install difficulty
The 99+% of installs that are completed as they should don't post "whew installed as it should" lol
It's all good Ron, I take everything with a grain of salt. Installing the V3 as we speak to be honest. Gonna run at the local quarter mile track tonight and see what happens. Pretty much have everything I wanted for my DD setup and running the final 93 tune from the tuner I paid so we'll see what happens. I'm praying your V3 keeps the charge air down. I will post datalogs before and after with both intercoolers.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #28
It's all good Ron, I take everything with a grain of salt. Installing the V3 as we speak to be honest. Gonna run at the local quarter mile track tonight and see what happens. Pretty much have everything I wanted for my DD setup and running the final 93 tune from the tuner I paid so we'll see what happens. I'm praying your V3 keeps the charge air down. I will post datalogs before and after with both intercoolers.
good luck and thank you !

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Without pulling my car apart I'm confident the OD piping on the V3 is larger than stock. That's not really an issue, it's just part of installing aftermarket parts. I still got my stock charge pipes on. Nobody could fit the V3 on my car better than I did.

good luck and thank you !
Okay, I'll post up datalogs later but the V3 is hella impressive relative to the Mishimoto J-Line front mount intercooler. Honestly, I think it's the end tanks and from what people say, the core itself. Whatever the hell it is, when driving, charge temps are below 5 degrees and with A/C on, initially it was around ten but went down to friggin 5 and 6 degrees above ambient. Needless to say, extremely impressed. Very actually. I guess I will use the Mishimoto J-Line on other build. 🤷

Last thing, fitment was legit. I'm utilizing the Mishimoto hoses so on the cold side, it was a tight fit. But I don't have the splash shield or anything so fitment was easy peasy. Post pics later.

Ford Community Posts