Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wife is getting a new car Kia stinger, g70, Mazda 3 turbo

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Im planning on a wrx myself. Its a good bargain if you dont go wild with options. And right where i want to spend on my next car. That said i do like the seats in that g70.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
So the WRX was a consideration but manual transmission and my wife is not the best idea, and the automatic is a CVT screw that.
We got delivery of it today and I did take it on a little drive the g70 3.3 is a fast car truly a fast car. It has a incredible amount of torque and it just pushes you in the seat.

It's going to take a week of reading all the manuals just to figure out how all the features work it has so many.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
I want to replace the Fiesta with a G70 3.3 next summer. Having trouble finding one w/ less than 10k miles for about $35k. Maybe next year there will be more inventory.
Honestly you could probably get a new 3.3 g70 rear wheel drive base model for close to $35,000.
I bought the most expensive g70 you can get and it was $41,000 plus tax title and fees. With how much money you can get off the sticker price on cars today sometimes buying a one year old maybe even a two year old used car just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

So far my impressions are wow this thing has some serious power and it puts it down. When I get time I will be doing a one step paint correction. It was built in January so it has been washed many many times on the dealer lot.

Im planning on a wrx myself. Its a good bargain if you dont go wild with options. And right where i want to spend on my next car. That said i do like the seats in that g70.
I think I've said it before: if the current gen WRX had a hatchback option, I never would have bought the Golf R.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I think I've said it before: if the current gen WRX had a hatchback option, I never would have bought the Golf R.
True. Kinf a shame they dont have a sporty affordable hatch anymore. The base impreza hatch is too dull. And the outback is like truck now.
Just leaves the forester, but the cvt is a no go for me. Just not a big fan of them.

that G70 is mint, does it have that suspension feature where you can lower and raise the car?

just like OP i was looking towards the Stinger or Mazda3T because ill need a new daily and something with room for my big furry kid.
Im leaning more towards the Mazda, but kinda bummed that they ONLY offer MT on non-turbo premium and its a FWD.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
that G70 is mint, does it have that suspension feature where you can lower and raise the car?

just like OP i was looking towards the Stinger or Mazda3T because ill need a new daily and something with room for my big furry kid.
Im leaning more towards the Mazda, but kinda bummed that they ONLY offer MT on non-turbo premium and its a FWD.
No I don't believe any Genesis product has adjustable ride height.

No I don't believe any Genesis product has adjustable ride height.

interesting, a used car lot i worked at had 2 genesis that had the feature, but this was a couple years back when it still had the hyundai badge :unsure:

It's funny, looking back on this thread I said I don't need a car as big as a Stinger, and here I am driving one now.

The Mazda3 turbo was a really, really close second in that running, though. If I hadn't found a decent deal on the Stinger (and it was already getting hard to do so back in December), I would have gone for the Mazda in a heartbeat. Hands down the nicest small car you can buy today, short of maybe an A3 or A class, both of which cost far more money. You're definitely not getting 250 horses and 320 ft/lbs. of torque at that price point with the Germans. The lack of a manual is still disappointing, but I always have my Miata.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #50
Unfortunately Mazda just doesn't have a manual transmission that can deal with the torque output. Well that's what they say. I know they did a lot of work on the automatic transmission for the turbo model I believe even the transmission case is different to deal with the torque output.

The Mazda is a great car, but with that said the G70 has been excellent. The OEM brake pads are not that great and they cause a uneven buildup of pad material on the rotors. You can burn it off with some very hard driving but it is eventually going to come back. Some replacement pads down the road will solve that problem.

Unfortunately Mazda just doesn't have a manual transmission that can deal with the torque output. Well that's what they say. I know they did a lot of work on the automatic transmission for the turbo model I believe even the transmission case is different to deal with the torque output.

The Mazda is a great car, but with that said the G70 has been excellent. The OEM brake pads are not that great and they cause a uneven buildup of pad material on the rotors. You can burn it off with some very hard driving but it is eventually going to come back. Some replacement pads down the road will solve that problem.

Mazda's a small company that likes to do everything in-house, so I get it. Pretty sure Getrag makes an AWD manual transmission that can take the power of the 2.5t, but Mazda's never going to buy a transmission from a third-party supplier.

I've also had the buildup issue on my Stinger, though it's pretty mild, so I'm not too worried about it. If I have it long enough to put new front pads on it, I'll be doing the Euro-spec pads that everyone claims fixes the issue.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
Mazda's a small company that likes to do everything in-house, so I get it. Pretty sure Getrag makes an AWD manual transmission that can take the power of the 2.5t, but Mazda's never going to buy a transmission from a third-party supplier.

I've also had the buildup issue on my Stinger, though it's pretty mild, so I'm not too worried about it. If I have it long enough to put new front pads on it, I'll be doing the Euro-spec pads that everyone claims fixes the issue.
I will probably just throw some everyday under $100 brake pads on it and call it a day. I have never seen brake pads perform this bad with uneven buildup. Definitely not going to give them the money for the pads that should have came on the car to begin with.