Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench light (powertrain warning)

Mine came on in my '16 tonight. Car drove fine. Shutting off and restart didn't solve it. I filled up last night with mid-grade at a dodgy gas station, so that's my best guess. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'm going with oil change reset. If you have an AP then you need to remove the tune before you can follow the reset procedure.

So I have been over this with a few guys on Facebook pages about this light. I really don't think that it is an oil reset light. Havent seen it on mine yet and I'm just a hair over 11k miles.

on Ford's a wrench light usually means that either unmetered air is getting in to the motor. If it was emissions related you would get the check engine light. That's why your car is running fine. Its not running rich/lean but maybe something has loosened and is letting in.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's the oil change reminder.. Do this to turn it off. You WON'T have to uninstall the AP

1. tap the start button WITHOUT any pedals pressed
  2. press and hold both brake and gas together
  3. the wrench will blink a few times then disappear. once the wrench disappears, the check engine light begins to blink.
  4. wait until the check engine light stops blinking
  5. press the start button to shut things off
  6. now release the gas and brake
  7. start the car....wrench gone

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah I couldn't reset mine with the AP installed either.

Good news is it's nothing to worry about.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow. Maybe it's my strat tune? Or that mine is a '16? Have you guys updated your AP to the latest firmware?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
jodyr
Thread Starter #11
It took a few tries, and the sequence of events was different (nothing ever blinked,) but the wrench light is off now. Thanks.