Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

X57rs vs X47r turbo upgrade

My vdyno program stopped working and I never really understood if I was using it correctly. I'll have to try to uninstall and reinstall it. Would the parameters that dizzy has me logging work for vdyno?

Sweet now to get the vdyno program to work. Any pointers on what settings are best or should I just search through the vdyno threads?

Puma speed makes good turbos and the hate is definitely overzealous, however the big issue with them is state side support. It’s not like Ron is a dealer so if you have issues be ready to wait around a lot. Just stick to the whoosh or s280 if you’re worried about warranties or rma support

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Puma speed makes good turbos and the hate is definitely overzealous, however the big issue with them is state side support. It’s not like Ron is a dealer so if you have issues be ready to wait around a lot. Just stick to the whoosh or s280 if you’re worried about warranties or rma support
S280 has no stateside support either* if there is an issue it must go back to the Uk* the only Turbos stateside are Garrett and whoosh Trac spec hybrids.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

S280 has no stateside support either* if there is an issue it must go back to the Uk* the only Turbos stateside are Garrett and whoosh Trac spec hybrids.

But you’re also not seeing them smoke like a bonfire either lol 😂

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

not true exactly
as the sole US dealer for the S280 we stock replacement parts from full fitting kits to turbine housings
if the turbo needs a full rebuild for whatever reason , yes of course it needs to ship back to the UK where it's manufactured

Update on the X57RS and tuning on 93 octane. I was recently getting negative corrections on my 4th revision. My tuner said that I should look into the usual stuff; plugs, boost hoses, and motor mounts loose. Long story short I gapped plugs to recommend spec, check all bolts/clamps, replaced coil packs, replaced PSMM, and figured out in the end it was poor fuel quality. My area has low quality fuel so I'm now mixing it with .75 of a gallon of e85 to keep a e10~e15 mix for my 93 octane tune. All negative corrections are gone or minimal under -.3 and very sporadic compared to before. Car is running great and I need stickier tires. Hopefully this is the final 93 revision for ~280 to ~290 Hp.

Well I have maxed out the stock fuel system on 93 and the whoosh v1. Next step is to obviously get a bigger intercooler and upgrade the fuel system. I have already purchased the larger intercooler, Jaguar injectors, and Jaguar HPFP. I will be test fitting the HPFP tomorrow evening and will keep everyone posted on the fitment. I have also installed a custom stealth side down exit 3" exhaust that is loud with plenty of pops, bangs, and burbles.

Attachments

Update on everything. I have installed the Jag HPFP and injectors. I'm just waiting on some silicone hoses to install the on3 performance 3" intercooler. It's like a bravo alpha intercooler but way cheaper. The pump and injectors are running good and I'm waiting for my final 93 octane revision. My vdyno is not working so I'll have to mess with that later. But the AP estimated HP say 270hp. Keep in mind I live in deep south Texas and it's been 100+ everyday. I'm patiently waiting for E30 😁 I'm excited to see if the HPFP is a viable alternative to the expensive stuff.

Long overdue update.

After three attempts I've installed the On3 performance 3" intercooler. Flows great and increased air volume is awesome. I gained who knows how many psi since the stock air sensors are now maxed out. I already got the upgraded tmap and map sensors but I'm waiting for my tuner to send the updated tune to add them on. I have since switched back to the OEM HPFP since the jag HPFP was just not working above 4k RPM. It would dip under 1500psi. The Jag injectors are working great but I recently did blow a seal. It was an easy fix because I already had the replacement seal. Car is tuned to 300 HP and now I'm saving up for the XDI/Nostrum hpfp to get to 350hp

Finally got the XDI HPFP! I got the sensors installed as well and I'm hitting 33psi. This turbo gets plenty of air with all the mods I have. I wonder what the max HP/TQ is for this turbo? I'll keep everyone posted on the final numbers.