Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

XXR 527 Owners, Help a ST'er out!

Hi everyone, new guy here! I have been bitten by the mod bug after only 7 months of ownership on my 17' Magnetic ST, and I've decided my first mod is getting rid of the stock wheels, but I am a complete wheel noob! I'm hoping I can get some help here, so lets get to it! Desired Wheels --- XXR 17x7.5 +40 Chromium Black

I plan on running the stock Bridgestone Potenzas (205/40R17's) because they only have 5,400ish miles on them (I drive alot huh?). I've done reading and searching that I should have no problems with fitting the stock tires on the XXR 17x7.5 +40 offset setup on stock suspension (will do springs later, probably mountune) without rubbing/issues etc, but want to confirm that. I also plan to get rid of the stock lugs in favor of the Gorilla Automotive 21133BC Small Diameter Acorn lugs, but unsure if these will work on the 527's? Can I also reuse the stock TPMS sensors, or am I looking at new/reprogramming?

Am I missing anything here? Swapping the tires to the new wheels, new lugs, and TPMS sensors. I want to get everything in one fell swoop, and then go to a shop and have them all mount and balanced.

I appreciate the help guys, I look forward to being apart of the forum.

Last edited:
Go to a reputable tire shop in your area and make sure you advise them that you want them to take the TPMS sensors out of your original wheels and transfer them to the XXRs. There shouldn't be any programming required as long as the same sensors are reused

I’m riding on 17”x7.5” XXR527(20.9 lbs) gold wrapped in the stock Bridgestone Potenza 205/40/17, Swift SpecR springs(1” drop) and I don’t rub at all. You’re good even once you get powering springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk