Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Zunsport Fiesta ST grill insert

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Saw this on their FB page and thought I pass it along here.

P.S. I would love it in black :) Just hoping someone else in the States will try it out first and give their impressions before pulling the trigger :)

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Stainless steel woven mesh? It's like chain mail for the front of your car. Wonder how much it weighs

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
And might flow less air, not a good thing on a boosted FWD, more weight up front, way up front and less air flow.

It looks nice but if it causes any performance loss not something I would do.

"chain mail for your car" I agree:)

And might flow less air, not a good thing on a boosted FWD, more weight up front, way up front and less air flow.

It looks nice but if it causes any performance loss not something I would do.

"chain mail for your car" I agree:)
How might it flow less air? Half of the OEM grille is blocked off and not actually mesh.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
When I looked at the picture last night it seemed to be a very tight weave and it looks blocked on the bottom like the stock grill so it appeared that it would flow less.

Now looking at the picture it seems it is open all over but the area that directly opens towards the radiator is certainly more restrictive and the area where the stock one is blocked opens up right into the bumper beam which may cause considerable turbulence and effect how much air can go through the A/C element and then through the already small radiator. I am not an aerodynamics engineer so I can only speculate at this point and consider all the cars I have built and things like a billet grill causing cooling issues, etc. If I was to consider this grill I would want to know before I spent that kind of money on it.

Weight wise, adding weight to the nose of a FWD car is always a bad thing unless it is a drag car, that is just physics and adding weight anywhere to a car is not good, it is always best to take weight out unless it considerably unbalances the car or makes it unsafe. I have added weight to the front of my car in a big IC, oil cooler and splitter/undertray as well as catch can and LSD but I have also taken over 50 lbs out before I started and then notched the bumper beam to fully expose the A/C, radiator, oil cooler, etc....

----------------------

The lower grill certainly blocks air flow to the undersized stock IC as well as adds more weight, a net loss in performance in two areas.

----------------------

I like the way they look, I am just very careful to do real performance mods, especially on a real performance car.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I said quite a bit to make a point, that we just do not know for sure what the real effects are in air flow through the radiator, one can assume it will be fine but only experience with it will tell for sure.

I do like the looks, more on the bottom as the stock grill is pretty cheap looking, they could of at least matched the top by painting it gloss or something.....

Anyone tried these yet? I see them popping up on eBay. Thinking about getting an oil cooler and with my mishimoto IC I could use some more air flow. It gets hot here in SoCal!

Anyone tried these yet? I see them popping up on eBay. Thinking about getting an oil cooler and with my mishimoto IC I could use some more air flow. It gets hot here in SoCal!
I think I saw on another forum that they won't fit US fists due to the slight differences in out bumpers/bumpers covers.

Edit: I stand corrected, I saw it on this forum a little while ago. It's towards the end of the thread. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/4277-Does-anyone-in-the-US-have-the-Zunsport-grille/page2

They offer a package deal for all 3 pieces, including the grill for the rear lower valance.

I'm sure they all match, they're stainless steel screen, in black or silver.

I would think there is probably a weight savings, depending on wire guage and spacing.

They probably flow better, too.

They definitely look good but I thought I read that they just fit over stock grill and they must not have bugs in England because I would think this is hard to clean.

JasonHaven

Hopefully Amazon allows hotlinking...

It looks like you can see the crash bar, so it must be a full replacement.

It is a fully replacement, not over the the Stock Grill! On my Pictures there is a Pro Ally Intercooler behind it so the Crashbar is not visible, its the Car of a good Friend.

I feel like this wouldn't be that hard to make. Would it look as good, probably not, but might be worth a try. Any thoughts?