Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are these little guys getting a name?

Do people finally know about the Fiesta ST?

It seems lately my car has been a magnet for ricers of all sorts. Everywhere I go someone will fly up nearly rear-ending me
change lanes, and rev on me. I had a four banger avenger rev on me that sounded worse than any Honda I've ever
heard in my life. The type and ranges of cars doesn't matter. It's really weird. I had a 2001ish Saleen rev on me and some
type of Dodge R/T SUV.

Has the FiST finally made it? Are we targets?

My car only has mountune springs lowering it a bit, and DHM race intercooler/crash bar that anyone could see from the outside.

Waterfan

Probably getting mistaken for a Focus ST, which do "have a name"

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I've been getting revved at since '13 lol. Back then I assumed people thought it's a regular Fiesta with a body kit.

I only had mine a month, and people constantly drive aggressive towards this car.. usually, when my wife, and 2 toddlers are with me so I ignore them.

I'm from NYC, I think my car is a UNICORN and I only know of 1 other one in existence in NYC soil (ingot silver with orange recaros near my job), and no one knows wtf it is and no one cares about a dime size car on the street. (I made a NYC spotted thread and got... 0 replies). Needless to say, NOTHING revs at me, not even a lowly dx civic with a fart can... or any scions... or corollas.

GAbOS

Getting a lot more looks now sitting in traffic from non-performance' vehicles now than before. It's increasing.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Funny yesterday a Scion Tc pulls up be hind me then next to me and starts revving the crap out of his car. It sounded terrible. I was on my way to work and didn't pay attention to him. He starts following me and continues to rev. I look through my rear view mirror and he looks like he's around 20 tops. Damn kids. I wanted to leave him a few car lengths back, but cops routinely patrol he route I take. Yeah, a little childish of me for wanting to engage in stoplight drags, but we all have at one point or another.

SPhilli911

Not once has anyone tried to race me or anything like that, no one seems to notice the car at all. Which is a relief coming from an STI that attracted way too much unwanted attention.

Yesterday some guy in a NB miata tried to scold me for having a "May the BOOST be with you" sticker on a na car, he then revved and I heard his BOV. His face was priceless when the light changed and he heard the turbo spool, he quickly took the next side street. I don't think these cars will ever have a "name" outside of those who either drive them, or have a true profound love for cars in general. Most people end up being way to cliquey and only know their cars, and the expensive halo cars.

It's not the boy racers that seem bothered by my car around here, it's the Bro Dozers. I have a theory though. To the non car crowd, our cars have a remarkably similar shape to a Prius C with a body kit. Nothing offends those morons more than the thought of being passed by a Prius. They always seem willing to drive completely reckless just for the chance to get back in front of me and "roll coal." It's happened to me three times in the month since I bought my ST, and never once before in my twenty years of driving.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
You can imagine the types that my car attracts because of the way it looks.
Most of the cops in my area know of me so there is no trouble there.
I continue to get many comments on how good my car looks everywhere I go.
Most of the comments are coming from people over 40 and this is what I like.
Maybe it is because they are locked into family life and wish they could drive one too.

Dave

Intuit

3000 Post Club
It's not the boy racers that seem bothered by my car around here, it's the Bro Dozers. I have a theory though. To the non car crowd, our cars have a remarkably similar shape to a Prius C with a body kit. Nothing offends those morons more than the thought of being passed by a Prius. They always seem willing to drive completely reckless just for the chance to get back in front of me and "roll coal." It's happened to me three times in the month since I bought my ST, and never once before in my twenty years of driving.
I think that experience has to do with driving a small car period. Obviously you can't drive any faster than the person in front of you but it seems people are more willing to assume you're at lesat part of the hold-up when your car is small and narrow.

I still have have "car people" mistake the FiST for either a Fiat, Prius, or more commonly a Focus.

I think as a community we've not made enough of an impact on the "streets" as the Focus ST, because we're not regularly street racing and grouping on the highways (which many drivers of the FoST do around here), we're much more mature than ricers and that community, and the car itself is not well known and so it blends in. For example, "on the street" the Fiesta is still known as a "girly car" for people who don't like driving. Eh, I could care less. Now the Mustang because of the actions of a small percentage of them leaving Cars & Coffee are still the butt of a joke. It's a good thing we haven't made a name for ourselves in that respect.
Where we have made ourselves a name is where it matters, on the autocross course, the mountain roads, and rally courses during sanctioned drives. Light to Light "boy" racers don't follow that scene.

Not to say that I certainly don't drive spiritedly, because I very well do. And not to say that my car doesn't illicit attention from others at lights, but if say, I entertain a Civic revving their engine and blow their doors off, they are not going to the next Civic meetup telling their buddies they got beat by some guy in a little Fiesta Hatchback.

And for that reason we won't have a "name" or reputation anytime soon. And that's a good thing.

Now with the RS getting more and more attention, the ST siblings will be receiving more looks.

And overly aggressive drivers I've seen while driving any sort or car. Doesn't specifically mean anything for the FiST.

Siestarider

A jacked pickup truck tried me Friday afternoon. I have no idea what it means, first time its ever happened to me. Whoever it was did not get a chance to ID the car. my rear badge is whited out.

It's funny how many people say it looks like a prius. The worst is big trucks trying to overtake you because it's a small car and you downshift and get away then they come hauling trying to cut you off it's hilarious it's happened to me more than once.