Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Snow tires?

Just purchased a '14 Fiesta ST from Carvana, and it's on its way. I live in Iowa, so snow is a factor. Just want to get any recommendations on snow tires. The all mighty google recommends the BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK WS80 (Studless Ice & Snow).....any thoughts? Thank you!
Nathan

DangerMouse

I just put General arctic tires on my fiesta. It's the fifth set of general arctic I've bought in the last 3 years. I need to stop buying cars. I like them better when the snow gets a little deeper and slushier over the blizzaks. Plus they are much cheaper. The blizzaks were at their best on fresh snow before they started salting.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome Aboard.

The only thing I can recommend is,
move to where there is no snow. LOL

Dave

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME!

The Nokian R2s are even better yet than the Blizzaks, but they do not make them in our factory wheel size (IF that is what you were planning on doing), and they are a little more coin than the B-stones.

Welcome! I've had good experiences with both the General Altimax Arctic and the Fire Stone Winterforce. Both affordable and reliable. Personal choice would be the firestones. Good luck.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
running the General winter tires on my ST and on my previous Fiesta. Outstanding tire for the money and great dry weather handling as well. Welcome to the board!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just put General arctic tires on my fiesta. It's the fifth set of general arctic I've bought in the last 3 years. I need to stop buying cars. I like them better when the snow gets a little deeper and slushier over the blizzaks. Plus they are much cheaper. The blizzaks were at their best on fresh snow before they started salting.
What size tire did you put on it and where did you get them from?

Welcome!! I second what [MENTION=879]D1JL[/MENTION] said! lol

I have about 200 miles on the Blizzak WS80s (185/60R-15) mounted to some steelies. I'd say I am pretty happy with them so far, however, I haven't had a chance to test them in any significant (>2") snow. I'd say the weak spot for them is the dry handling. Hope that helps.

Michelin X-Ice3s are working great for me in this nasty zero degree, ice-covered hell out here! At least it's gonna thaw now...

DangerMouse

Tire Rack

15x6 Sparco Trofeo 4 in black with 195/55/15 General Arctics

Ordered my wife winter wheels and tires for her car, went with General Arctic as well.

Hankook iPike 195/55r15 on 15x7 or 15x8s. My car is unstoppable right now.

DangerMouse

I had the ipikes back in the day on my Hyundai Tiburon. 2 sets actually, 16s then 17s. Awesome in snow but the sidewalks were too soft for me in the dry. I had blizacks on my Mazdaspeed3 and I felt they were too stiff and didn't offer as much traction in the wet slushy stuff. The generals are right in the middle, a little sidewall flex but doesn't feel like I'm going to roll over and doesn't push in the corners.

I have general artics on my 2016 fiesta, 2016 Chrysler 200 and my 2005 scion xb.

I also had them on my forester xt and my wife's 2012 Mazda5 .

On every car they perform the same, I am done buying cars and tires for a couple years, but when I do I'll get them again for sure.

Welcome :)

Running WS80's on my FiST and I can say I like them so far. 1 snow storm about 4 inches with heavy slush and then froze. The colder it is the more these like with most snow tires but a noticeable difference in softness from 32 to say 15. I came from Xice3's on my FoST and this are comparable but sadly need more time to verify. My Xice3's were happiest below 15 as well and really shined around 0, the WS80's seem to be softer compared to the Xice3's around freezing, but grip like the Xice3's do at 0 around 15-20.

Sum it up, so far so good, but they let you know not to push to much on warmer(around 32) dry pavement, Awesome when the temps drop, and handled the first storm with out any issues, very playful and easy to read grip in bad conditions. They also work well in the wet even at warmer temps.

I have only tried the Blizzaks, but they are awesome. Got the wheels with practically new tires mounted from someone on Craigslist for $400. Score!

I'm running the General Altimax Arctic on a set on 15's from a 2009 focus and they have been great over here in Maine.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Welcome :)

Running WS80's on my FiST and I can say I like them so far. 1 snow storm about 4 inches with heavy slush and then froze. The colder it is the more these like with most snow tires but a noticeable difference in softness from 32 to say 15. I came from Xice3's on my FoST and this are comparable but sadly need more time to verify. My Xice3's were happiest below 15 as well and really shined around 0, the WS80's seem to be softer compared to the Xice3's around freezing, but grip like the Xice3's do at 0 around 15-20.

Sum it up, so far so good, but they let you know not to push to much on warmer(around 32) dry pavement, Awesome when the temps drop, and handled the first storm with out any issues, very playful and easy to read grip in bad conditions. They also work well in the wet even at warmer temps.
You're running them in the factory 205/40-17 size on the factory wheels, correct?