Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FMIC & Charge Pipes

Hello all,

I am looking to go Stage 2 in the coming months and was pretty set on getting a Depo Racing FMIC to do this. I do have two questions though:

1) How do those of you with this FMIC like it?
2) What is the best set of charge pipes out there?

Thanks guys!

Can't go wrong with depo. I've got their downpipe and fmic and I'm very pleased. Don't know about the charge pipes, but everyone that has them are pleased as well.
Agreed. Dollar for dollar, you won't find a better deal.

As far as charge pipes, you really should do some research as there have been reports of "brand X charge pipes don't fit with brand Y intercooler" and so on and so forth.
I personally have a DEPO FMIC and a CMBuildz hot pipe that mounts up no problem.
If you're really worried about fitment though, I'd suggest buying your IC and pipes as a set from the same manufacturer :)

Have fun, it's gonna be a different animal when you wake her up after installing those goodies!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I have a few depo goodies, very happy with them all. Charge pipes can't be beat for the price, just like everything else they sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you probably missed it, but inter40 was working at 40% off CP-E intercooler. maybe inter30 might work for 30%, but someone definitely got the inter50.

I checked 10 minutes ago inter40 works, but I have my intercooler for a great price at BF, but no where NEAR 40% off.

Do you need to have the charge pipes to go stage 2????

Based on my research, the charge pipes don't make a noticeable difference in flow. I have also read that hard pipes could potentially cause issues due to being "hard", while the stock piping is flexible and will move more freely with the torque of the motor.

It it also worth mentioning that most members recommend upgrading the intercooler pipe clamps to something of heavier duty.

I have an intake, cat back, and rear motor mount so I was planning on grabbing a DEPO intercooler (without the charge piping) and some better clamps. Then go with either COBB OTS Stage2 or a Strat tune (Strat more likely).

You might as well add the downpipe while your at it. Ask depo about his scratch and dent stuff. I picked up a catted downpipe for $179, and there was nothing wrong it. As far as the charge pipes go, I heard they are really not necessary. I replaced the hot side with a MBRP because it looked restricted to me, but I based that off looks and no actual data. The hot side pipe does not need to flex because the turbo is fixed to the engine along with the pipe. They will only flex at the hoses and that's all they need.

you probably missed it, but inter40 was working at 40% off CP-E intercooler. maybe inter30 might work for 30%, but someone definitely got the inter50.

I checked 10 minutes ago inter40 works, but I have my intercooler for a great price at BF, but no where NEAR 40% off.
Where's this at?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I have a Pierce 2-Point Tie-Bar....will the Depo charge pipes fit with this bar, or do I need to stay factory?
I too would like to know this. I'm planning on getting the pierce 2 point along with the depo intercooler and depo or mishimoto charge pipes.
I have the 6 pt from PM and it fits just fine. U honestly don't need anything pricier than the depo ones but ED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk