Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Would this be a good deal on a 2016 ST?

OP
C
Thread Starter #21
^^^Does the super skittle have any handling/cornering type mods?? (Like some of the stuff that Doug Wind did to his completely unbelievable ride? http://abphy.com/user/windspeedmotorsports)

Is it 'tossable' at all, or is it a single purpose (straight line) car?
Yea Doug is a good guy, he's been helping me out on this platform for 7+ years, and its pretty crazy how good he is at whipping around that car.

As far as handling , I just set it up this year with new BC coilovers, Hotchkis f/r sways, strut braces, front chassis brace, trailing arms, poly bushings , problem solver front arms and a few other little goodies. The car is a garage queen that only sees nice days on the street and the track. But when it's out, Brainard is usually where we go as the long course is a 3.1 mile 10 turn that's pretty fast.. more BIR and possibly road Atlanta next year if I still have it.

Straight line is good, but with high HP fwd cars that aren't dedicated completely to drag racing , we all know the issue.. launching and traction. It traps 122 in the 1/4 but that was a pretty half assed pass while spinning. The straights and corners , are where it excells. I'll post up a few vids. It's a super fun car and I have a pretty good chunk of change invested, but it might be time to move onto something different

OP
C
Thread Starter #22

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's WHY I asked IF it was setup for handling or not.

IF it were a straight line ONLY car, I would also be completely bored of it, and want to dump it for something that CAN turn left and right (and brake), but since you have so much into it, which let's face it, you are NOT going to get out of it in the selling price, and it is such a demon on the road course, I personally would want to keep it.

IF you want something really fun as an every single day daily driver ride, then the FiST is your car, but it would take A LOT (of; time, money, and effort) to get it to the point of your skittle on steroids.

Is the FiST just way too small/impractical for your daily uses??
(WHY NOT just keep the SRT, AND get a FiST to daily drive instead of the Escape??)

OP
C
Thread Starter #24
That's WHY I asked IF it was setup for handling or not.

IF it were a straight line ONLY car, I would also be completely bored of it, and want to dump it for something that CAN turn left and right (and brake), but since you have so much into it, which let's face it, you are NOT going to get out of it in the selling price, and it is such a demon on the road course, I personally would want to keep it.

IF you want something really fun as an every single day daily driver ride, then the FiST is your car, but it would take A LOT (of; time, money, and effort) to get it to the point of your skittle on steroids.

Is the FiST just way too small/impractical for your daily uses??
(WHY NOT just keep the SRT, AND get a FiST to daily drive instead of the Escape??)
Tough for me to say anything about the fiesta st yet, as not only have I not drove it, I haven't even sat in it.. small cars are great for daily, as I have one myself ( the 09 fit sport. ) But the fit is an unusual sub compact as it's actually VERY roomy inside.

The reason for me not to have the fiesta and the Srt is because practicality . Don't need two summer cars. And where I live in northern MN , we get enough snow for me to justify a 4wd , as well as something to haul my snowmobiles.

My gf has a grand Cherokee, so that could obviously haul the sleds, but having a nice AWD for myself would be nice too..

OP
C
Thread Starter #25
There is just something about getting into a new car to start the process all over again .. So I guess you could call me an enthusiast :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I guess that I do NOT consider this a 'summer car' (despite it's great dry weather handling/performance) as so many others on here do. [dunno]

To me, a Z06/ZR1, any Viper, 5th gen Z28, or a GT350/350R etc. are "summer cars", but not a capable, decent traction control system equipped, FWD car on good winter tires (of course), possibly with an added limited slip. [wink]

I consider our rides to be great daily driven, ALL SEASON vehicles, as long as properly equipped, and the power mods are held in check, and within the boundaries of sanity and reliability (and even those out of control power modded ones could be held in check for poor weather by alternate tunes and such). [:)]

OP
C
Thread Starter #27
Well the car is still on the lot, but not up to $19,500 I believe. There must have been a $2000 rebate of some sort that is no longer. Still keeping my eye on it, but since there are no recaros , I will wait patiently until the price drops again...

It's been said in videos , but just wondering how everyone likes the clutch in this? I'd like the girlfriend to learn, and this might be a good car to do it in.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The clutch is 'warm butter soft' to me at least, but then I guess anything will feel that way to me coming from an LS7 clutch equipped LS1 f body. (But, it DOES grab and hold very well, despite that.)[wink]

When I drove a girlfriend's Accord Coupe manual, right from getting out of the Z28, I was over-revving like crazy and popping the clutch excessively since it felt like it was on click pen-like diaphram springs to me, WWAAAYYY TOO LITTLE effort!!