Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What the f*** are dealers thinking? Look at what they're asking for these things!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Car dealerships need to go. We as consumers should be able to buy directly from the manufacturer. With that said if idiots pay these ridiculous prices well that's on them. Patience is a virtue stop paying crazy prices for shit.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Anyone want to guess what Carvana paid for my 2015 with 95k miles in December 2021? No sunroof, base seats, non rado wheels. I think I paid $20,250 OTD in September 2014.

Anyone want to guess what Carvana paid for my 2015 with 95k miles in December 2021? No sunroof, base seats, non rado wheels. I think I paid $20,250 OTD in September 2014.
Curious because I have 92k on my 2015 and it's sunroof, recaros etc.

I'm not a fan of Donut in general, but this whole video is moronic because they're just cherrypicking outrageous examples of people listing random vehicles too high (listing, not selling). You've been able to do this on Ebay for the last 20 years - some people just ask way over what the item is worth.

It means nothing. No one with a brain is going to pay these prices.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I'm not a fan of Donut in general, but this whole video is moronic because they're just cherrypicking outrageous examples of people listing random vehicles too high (listing, not selling). You've been able to do this on Ebay for the last 20 years - some people just ask way over what the item is worth.

It means nothing. No one with a brain is going to pay these prices.
Not necessarily true. The car market is nuts right now.

Montebello Ford in California tried to sell me a $28k Ford Maverick for $40k. They added a $10k mark-up due to "demand". And the manager didn't even try to wheel and deal because he claimed somebody would pay it if i wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Montebello Ford in California tried to sell me a $28k Ford Maverick for $40k. They added a $10k mark-up due to "demand". And the manager didn't even try to wheel and deal because he claimed somebody would pay it if i wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford is actually warning its dealers not to do that. You could have called on that BS but you know what ? I looked at available Mavericks a week or so ago and there are local dealers selling them for msrp or slightly above. Not the kind of BS you were seeing.

OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #19
Who the Fu%k is paying some of those prices! This is pure lunacy! -LGB!
I have a theory: Meatloaf died today. He made quite a fortune over the years. "Bat out of Hell" is one of the best-selling records of all time.
His progeny will divvy up a good chunk of change. And they might be looking for some new wheels.
They can pay the Covid-chip shortage premium.
Fools and their money, and all that.

You realize that's my point right? I'm saying "these prices aren't vehicles that have sold, they're just wild asks" and your counter to that is "No, for example here's a vehicle that didn't sell but the guy totally said it would sell soon"?

I understand the market is nuts, but I'm saying that posting this video is just low-effort click farming. They're pointless what-ifs. I can post my FiST for $500k on Autotrader tomorrow - does that mean the market is "totally out of control!!11!!!!!1!"?