Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LED Conversion - Moisture seals dont fit. Big Deal?

Tl;dr - Is it ok to run without the rubber caps on the backs of my headlights? They don't fit completely after my LED conversion. Seattle is a wet climate and I'm worried about water infiltration, plus the bulbs are fan cooled on the back and the covers will block the fans.

Full version - I just did a SiriusLED kit (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J6YGGZ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) conversion. They are nice and bright and they focus well - a little more dispersed than the stock bulbs but with a little downward adjustment there's no oncoming blinding. Anyhow, we all know about the offset holes and these just barely fit due to the fan housing in the back. They are right up against the edges nearest the fenders. The caps fit on about 75% but can't be tucked in around that outer edge because there's no clearance. Should I bother to put on the seals part way or is a gap a gap and I should just scrap them (or try to modify them). They also rest right up against the fans so I'm afraid the LEDs might overheat.

Thanks in advance.