Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recalled Coolant reservoir, anyone upgraded to a steel reservoir?

I have a 2014 ST that had the coolant recall done. I installed a summit upper strut brace and I can’t even get the coolant cap off lol, I saw that with the stock tank or an upgraded tank it doesn’t seem to be in the way anymore. I wanted to see if it was possible to go back to a stock setup? I saw whoosh now carries the whole tank and hoses. Any insight would be appreciated

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I also have a 2014 but never got a recall for the coolant bottle. Never had a problem so I'll check tomorrow when go to the dealer.

I'm not sure if the mishimoto tank is steel. But the Mishimoto coolant tank would probably be where my money goes if i was in the market for one

I'm not sure if the mishimoto tank is steel. But the Mishimoto coolant tank would probably be where my money goes if i was in the market for one
I had the mishimoto tank its aluminum and i could tell you from experience the Pro Alloy tank i now have is definitely the better option. Had a mounting tab on the mishimoto tank break after using it for a little over a year. I still have the mishimoto tank with the broken mounting tab i could get rid of at a very reasonable price if anyone is interested.

I had the mishimoto tank its aluminum and i could tell you from experience the Pro Alloy tank i now have is definitely the better option. Had a mounting tab on the mishimoto tank break after using it for a little over a year. I still have the mishimoto tank with the broken mounting tab i could get rid of at a very reasonable price if anyone is interested.
Can you Pm pics? Depending on which tab I may be ok with it, is the pro alloy tank just better overall fit and finish?

Can you Pm pics? Depending on which tab I may be ok with it, is the pro alloy tank just better overall fit and finish?
Ill try to dig it out tonight after work. If it was installed it would be the tab closest to the firewall of the car that is broken. The pro alloy tank overall although more expensive you can definitely see why once putting the two side by side. The quality is much better then the mishimoto as far as finish. I like how the reservoir cap is replaced with a metal cap on the pro alloy where as a plastic cap is used on the mishimoto and it can be a pain to get off. The pro alloy is also more rounded and takes up less space than the Mishimoto. I definitely think if your buying new its worth the extra money for the pro alloy.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Is your FiST right hand drive, or is that just a pic you pulled of of the internet of a Brit, or other RHD car??