Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New UK flagship Ford Fiesta ST-3 revealed

Fiesta ST News

Staff Member
New flagship Ford Fiesta ST-3 features a whole host of extra standard kit, including keyless entry and cruise control

Ford has launched a new range-topping version of the Fiesta ST, priced from ?19,250.

Called the ST-3, it features a whole host of extra kit as standard, building on the ST-2?s specification to include keyless entry, automated lights and wipers, DAB radio with satellite navigation and an auto-dimming rear view mirror.

Cruise control and power-fold door mirrors with puddle lamps have also been added, helping to account for the ?1,000 premium the new flagship commands.

Rear parking sensors can also be added on any model above the entry-level ST for ?250.

Five exterior colours will be available on the ST-3 at launch ? Frozen White, Race Red, Panther Black, Spirit Blue and Molten Orange ? with Smoke Storm or Molten Orange offered as the interior theme depending on the paint scheme chosen.

Power will once again come from Ford?s 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine, paired with a six-speed manual gearbox to offer 180bhp and 290Nm of torque. This?ll see the hot hatch manage 0-62mph in a breezy 6.9 seconds as it makes its way to a top speed of 139mph.

According to official figures, the ST-2?s economy and CO2 emissions figures have been carried over unchanged, at 47.9mpg and 138g/km respectively.

The new top-of-the-range ST-3 is on sale now, with the first deliveries scheduled for June.

Looks good, does anyone know what Frozen White, Panther Black, Spirit Blue are? We don't have them here d do we?

What about the bumper sensors? And folding mirrors? Those are pretty nice. I don't like how the sensors look but there neat. The mirrors are definitely convenient for anyone parking in close quarters I've seen so many people open doors and almost take mirrors off just not caring next to other cars.

I dont get your question? What about them?

"Cruise control and power-fold door mirrors with puddle lamps have also been added, helping to account for the ?1,000 premium the new flagship commands.

Rear parking sensors can also be added on any model above the entry-level ST for ?250."

TheStig

Im with you, give me projector HID headlights, folding mirrors and the auto dimming rear view mirror.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I'm putting HIDs on my OEM headlamps and adding a rearview mirror with backup camera and homelink to my FiST. Both are available aftermarket. SICKHIDS.com will be doing my headlamps. I purchased a set of headlights for a good price, and these are the ones I'll be retrofitting. After they are done, I'll have a set of OEM headlights for anyone who wants to retrofit their headlights with HID projectors and LED strips.

Yeah, we get a lot of that standard. I would trade SatNav for HIDs. Also I really think the 3 doors look a lot better than the 5 doors.

3 doors look so much better. Really wish we could have gotten them. Would have liked folding mirrors, auto dim, and hids as well. Oh well all these things can be aftermarket added I'm sure.

-ry

I dont get your question? What about them?
Do you
"Cruise control and power-fold door mirrors with puddle lamps have also been added, helping to account for the ?1,000 premium the new flagship commands.

Rear parking sensors can also be added on any model above the entry-level ST for ?250."
Wow really, I haven't seen the bumper sensors on any over here I guess none of the ones I've seen had that option.
We have the cruise control standard I think, but the power folding mirrors are a nice touch tho.

Perry

Our ST's came stock with all those features bar leather and Satnav.
And the auto-dimming mirror. And the automatic wipers. And the rear parking sensors. Granted, this last is an option on the ST-3, too, but still, it would be nice to have the choice.

HaveBlue83

id love folding mirrors just to have them and be uber cool. and HID's and headlight washers. that makes it EURO

As I've seen none of the Fiesta's have HID's, just the non-NA models get projectors with halogen bulbs. Would love their light housings so I could put HID's in and the puddle lamps. I know how to drive so I have no need or want for parking sensors of any kind, driving aids like this just breed laziness imo.

The US doesn't have auto folding mirrors because the US generally doesn't need or have use for them. Europe, on the other hand, has narrower roads where it is a good idea to fold the mirrors:

If I didn't have my windows tinted, I might have been interested in an auto-dimming mirror. But, with 5% on the rear window, there is no point to it.

If I had auto wipers or headlights, the auto setting would be turned off permanently. I want to control my own stuff at my own discretion. This is part of driving, sportier cars should have manual controls.... save the auto stuff for luxury sedans. I also don't need some sensor to tell me how to parallel park this tiny easy-to-park hot hatch.

The only thing that NA cars should have that don't is the projector headlights.