Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to forum; 2nd FiST

Hello,

I had a Performance Blue 2014 FiST and traded it in on a Subaru Crosstrek when my daughter was born since my wife mainly drove it and we needed more room. We both missed the car so we decided to buy another since the local dealer had a great deal on them. The car is a White Platinum '17 FiST.

The car was purchased on Monday of this week (3-days ago) and I put it up on a lift for the first oil change and noticed a significant amount of rust on the exhaust, intercooler pipes and some fasteners. My previous FiST did not have any rust like this and this car has just over 200 miles. I do live in Florida, but this seems excessive for a new car.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did the dealer handle it?

Thanks in advance.

Previous Car

New Car

Issues

Get it from Mullinax? That's where I got mine, same color too. No rust for me though but I don't spend much time near the shore.

That does seem excessive corrosion for a new car. It must be sat for awhile in wet or moist area. The axle surface rust seem normal as my is the same. There is rust warranty. If they wont replace it, contact Ford directly. When I inspect my, a charge pipe was completely disconnected.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

Is that Mullinax dealer right on the beach?!

That rust pattern almost looks like what would happen if spray from actual wave breakers was misting onto those parts. [???:)]

OP
H
Thread Starter #14
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

Is that Mullinax dealer right on the beach?!

That rust pattern almost looks like what would happen if spray from actual wave breakers was misting onto those parts. [???:)]
Thanks.

It is the Mullinax off 44 next to the Home Depot and is approximately 5 miles inland from the beach.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks.

It is the Mullinax off 44 next to the Home Depot and is approximately 5 miles inland from the beach.
I've seen in your other thread that some think that the car was test driven ON the beach.
Are the sales people there THAT asinine (or desperate for a sale) as to allow that to happen?!?!

Others have suggested that the car was trailered down on a swap/exchange from a northern rust/salt belt dealer, this is also a possibility, and very easy to find out from Mullinax just by asking. ;)

Leonidsky

Hello,

I had a Performance Blue 2014 FiST and traded it in on a Subaru Crosstrek when my daughter was born since my wife mainly drove it and we needed more room. We both missed the car so we decided to buy another since the local dealer had a great deal on them. The car is a White Platinum '17 FiST.

The car was purchased on Monday of this week (3-days ago) and I put it up on a lift for the first oil change and noticed a significant amount of rust on the exhaust, intercooler pipes and some fasteners. My previous FiST did not have any rust like this and this car has just over 200 miles. I do live in Florida, but this seems excessive for a new car.

Thanks in advance.

Previous Car

New Car

Issues

Hello Hyjinx
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Previous Car

New Car

Issues

Hello Hyjinx,

I just got a certified pre-owned 2017 ST--with only 3200 miles on it--and it looks like it has the same kind of rust on the bottom.
Was wondering how/if you got this issue resolved with Ford.

Thanks in advance!
Leo Newhouse
Boston