Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to the Forum, Fiesta ST driver

Perry Vincent

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Well, I'm a ST owner by happenstance, needed a second more reliable car for every day driving and I've always liked the ST's and RS's, so I came across a 2017 Fiesta ST and snatched it up, but just like all my cars drama ensued, well that story will be told in another thread.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, I'm a ST owner by happenstance, needed a second more reliable car for every day driving and I've always liked the ST's and RS's, so I came across a 2017 Fiesta ST and snatched it up, but just like all my cars drama ensued, well that story will be told in another thread.
Welcome to the forum!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
What happened?

OP
P

Perry Vincent

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #5
It's kind of a long story, so I'll try to keep it as short as possible. Leading up to me buying the FiST I was driving a R56 MCS, last year I had to go to California for a funeral which is over 400 miles away, I live in Las Vegas, on the way back home, right before hitting the Mojavi desert my cooling system failed, after standing on the side of the road for 5 hours, yes 5 hours, waiting for a tow truck I finally get back home and drop off my car at my usual auto shop, I get my car back after they fix the cooling system and within 48 hours my car is broken down on the side of the road, I get it back to the repair shop and find out that I had also blown my head gasket on my trip and the shop had missed it, the owner of the shop said it appeared that the freeze plug may have been damaged.

So, they sent the head out to a local shop to make sure that the head wasn't damaged, they finally get the head back, after some time I finally get my car back and she's driving beautifully, this was around March of last year, then this January my car starts throwing codes at me, I have a Scangauge, and then my car start missing and I can barely drive, I had lost confidence with the shop I had always taken it to so I went to my local Mini dealership.

The dealership found a few things wrong, my valve cover gasket had failed, they had to replace an ignition coil plus the spark plugs. But here's the kicker, the dealerships mechanic found that the freeze plug in my head was welded with something like JD weld, I now needed a new head, to say the least I was not very happy, I had sunk a lot of money into the car to fix it. They reassemble my car and return it to me, it was drivable, but I would get codes thrown at me every week.
In the meantime I return to the original shop and speak directly to the owner, I showed him a photo of the damaged head and he said he knew nothing about it, he asked for a copy of the picture so he could confront the shop that did the work on my head. After some time, the owner of the shop that worked on my car got ahold of me and told me the shop that worked on my head only gives a 2-month warranty on their work.

And then something happened that really did shock me, the owner said that he will fix my car and make it right at no charge, he said what happened was unacceptable, I really thought I was going to have to go through the legal system to get satisfaction to get my car fixed, So, I needed a car to drive while my Mini is getting fixed and I have no idea how long it would take so I went online and found a 2017 FiST at our local CarMax dealerships with just over 40k miles and bought her, and now I own a FiST and a MCS, my FiST will be my daily driver and my MCS will be my weekend car, which is modded.

But there's another twist to this automobile saga I've been on for the last year, day's after driving off the lot my clutch pedal would stick, and I would have to manually pull it back up (sound familiar ST owners), the car came with a 6-month warranty which includes the drivetrain, I take it in and am told I have a bad clutch, so they gave me a loaner to drive (I'm on my second loaner from them because I found out that insurance companies will only insure a loaner for a max of 30 day's), after 6 weeks and replacing everything they finally threw in the towel and sent my FiST to a local Ford dealership to try to find out what's wrong and fix her.

So, I've been driving loaners longer than I drove my FiST, and now it's clear why the FiST was at Carmax, the clutch was failing, and the previous owner found out how much it would be to fix it and traded it in, but there is a bright side to this, when I get her back, I'll have a brand-new clutch. But I am questioning to myself, how did this problem make it past their mechanics before they put her back on their lot to be sold because it's defiantly a safety issue, when I get my car back, I may be asking Carmax about this.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My insurance company will only cover a loaner for 30 days IF it is during an ACCIDENT repair, or some type of body work repairs, NOT for purely mechanical repairs, at all.

If yours does cover you during mechanical repairs consider yourself quite fortunate! [thumb]

OP
P

Perry Vincent

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #8
Clutch pedal sticking to the floor in the FiST comes from a failing slave cylinder most often. Simple fix. Replace.
You would think, I've been told that they've replaced everything and still not fixed, that's why they sent it over to a Ford dealership.