Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About to pull the trigger. Wondering what everyone has been paying.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They could be buying more for tax purposes. They can take a write down on excess inventory.
This is also probably WHY some dealers are willing to take a BIG LOSS on a minute markup car like ours, and sell them for $17,000 OTD (or less) new in some areas, or VERY high volume stores. ;)

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looking at a magnetic with everything but the Recaros (don't want them). They're starting at $21,030. Think I can get a better price?

Purchased a '17 ST last week, with recaros/moonroof/nav/black wheels. MSRP 26025, Invoice 25505. Dealer price was 25032, so 1000 off msrp/ 500 off invoice. Then the 3000 incentives, plus I had a 750 private cash voucher. 285 in doc fees/title/tags. I did trade in, so who knows if I got taken there, but they gave me exactly what I wanted for the trade, so I was happy.

The new graduate incentive has a super-wide window, I believe if you graduated up to 3 years earlier, or 1 year in the future, so that's pretty cool. I was going to say the IUPA police association has a 500 discount, but I just looked it up and they don't offer that anymore. But Ford does have the military/first responder discount at least.

anticon

I just purchased a Magnetic Grey FiST last night with Recaros and black wheels for $18,980. I got hit with $423 in other registration fees. Luckily Oregon has no sales tax. I will say I contacted many other dealers in the area, and even gave three of them calls right before purchasing this one and they said there was no way they could match the price. The best offer I got on the same set up was for $20,475. So I think I got a pretty good deal. The dealership had a Focus RS and a Focus ST also.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I just purchased a Magnetic Grey FiST last night with Recaros and black wheels for $18,980. I got hit with $423 in other registration fees. Luckily Oregon has no sales tax. I will say I contacted many other dealers in the area, and even gave three of them calls right before purchasing this one and they said there was no way they could match the price. The best offer I got on the same set up was for $20,475. So I think I got a pretty good deal. The dealership had a Focus RS and a Focus ST also.
18,980 for that car is a great deal. I don't think I can touch that in California.

Yeah that price in CA would be just under 21k out the door due to the TTL here in CA (for folks comparing their CA deals).

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yeah that price in CA would be just under 21k out the door due to the TTL here in CA (for folks comparing their CA deals).
Ya and it would not happen here. Recaro equipped cars here don't go less than 20-21k before tax and license. I know this because I am shopping it. Yup I am waiting another week to pull the trigger now. End of year end of month all wrapped up in one.

Save a bit more money and spring for a VW GTI. Much better car and will not have any of the poor construction / reliability problems that the Fiesta has.
You will save your self a bunch of trouble if you do and be much happier at the end of the day.

Good luck

Save a bit more money and spring for a VW GTI. Much better car and will not have any of the poor construction / reliability problems that the Fiesta has.
You will save your self a bunch of trouble if you do and be much happier at the end of the day.

Good luck
lol, why do you keep posting here? Go to the VW forums. I just traded my 2014 GLI for a 2017 FiST and I couldn't be happier. ST is just as quick, handles better, and is overall more fun IMO. Interior materials are less-than for sure, but my VW was never very comfortable to me. Not to mention my FiST was a good $12 grand cheaper than my GLI.

GTI is more of a Focus ST Competitor anyway as it's a larger car.

It seems to me the GTI costs "a bit more money" than the ST, the same way a Porsche 911 costs a bit more money than a Corvette. Now if the GTI cost only a "smidgen" more, well maybe then.

I love the GTI. I really do. In fact it was a Volkswagen rental car that got me interested in small sporty good handling cars in the mid-80s. But isn't it the German cars that we're told to avoid at all costs once the mileage starts to get up there? Not being a wise guy but that's what I've heard so many times. Given a similar failure, don't German cars cost far more to repair? I know the GTI is made in Mexico, but I don't think that effects repair cost does it?

anticon

I own a 2002 VW Passat GLX Wagon 4Motion I added 150,000 miles to it over the last 10 years. I love the car, but man the maintenance and repair seemed expensive. I had the heater core get plugged, the replacement required pulling the entire dash off to replace it. Oil changes were around $100 at the dealer every 5k miles, every 20k miles regular maintenance was around $500. I also had an alternator go out, which required removing the entire front end of the car. Timing belt and water pump failed at 80k, and cost 1200 to replace. Two brake pads and rotors were around $350. I regularly had coolant and oil leak problems that would never seem to get fixed no matter how many times I replaced seals. I really hope this Fiesta is easier and less expensive to repair than my Passat.

I love the GTI. I really do. In fact it was a Volkswagen rental car that got me interested in small sporty good handling cars in the mid-80s. But isn't it the German cars that we're told to avoid at all costs once the mileage starts to get up there? Not being a wise guy but that's what I've heard so many times. Given a similar failure, don't German cars cost far more to repair? I know the GTI is made in Mexico, but I don't think that effects repair cost does it?
The implicit consensus from long term VW owners (if you can get them to admit it) is yes. The part and labor cost is going to be more expensive compared to its domestic counterparts. How much more? really depends. Im sure someone can come up with exceptions but that is in general what happens when you buy an import.

That being said the cardinal rules of car ownership still apply.
- proper maintenance is the best way to extend the predicted lifespan of a car
- doing the work yourself will save you a ton of money
- don't skimp out on replacement parts
- if you are dumb you will break things

Former MK6 GTI owner here, YMMV when it comes to German cars, and a lot of it depends how well it was taken care of. My GTI had almost 100k when I got rid of it, and it was beginning to become problematic. Mechanically and Body wise. The labor and cost to repair depends on what brand, vehicle, and issue. Parts and labor really aren't all THAT terrible. Keep in mind different cars will have their own common quirks and issues that arise so it's best to research before buying. I wanted a MK7 but after my MK6 and the issues popping up on the MK7's I opted for the ST. Still happy with my choice ATM.

Talk to me again when you have 60K miles on your Fiesta ST. (I do) that's when you will be feeling the pain.
It'll be a long long time before I get there. I only had about 45k on my GLI after 4 years of ownership. It seems like you really want a GTI, how come you don't go get one?

I should have, I regret getting the Fiesta I have had a ton of problems with the gearbox and overheating, also lots of little stuff like HVAC regulators and steering wheel controls (the buttons on the wheel). Service has also been a problem for me as it seems like every time I bring it in they screw something else up, or strip fasteners.
I wish I had the cash to get something else but I will have to wait for now. I really really wanted to like this car but the reliability and poor service killed it for me.