Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

wheel size and your odometer

DaveG99

Installing a smaller diameter tire will cause your odometer to read more miles than normal correct? That would not be good if its a large difference. Is there a way to fix this electronically?

Installing a smaller diameter tire will cause your odometer to read more miles than normal correct? That would not be good if its a large difference. Is there a way to fix this electronically?
I know on my SVT focus accessing the gem module and the pcm with the OEM ford programming set up with a J2534 tool you could actually change the calibration for tire size.
Havent had a chance to see if that an option on the FiST yet but that would be my only guess unless someone has figured it out in forscan.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I wish I knew people who could use this Forscan I keep hearing about. Turn off my shift light and fit my tire size

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #5
The AP should be able to do this stuff right?

XanRules

the difference between a 17" wheel with a 205/40/17 and a 16" wheel with a 205/45/17 is 0.9%. Not enough to worry about IMO.