Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

949 Wheels size survey/group buy

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Their 'paired' 12 spoke wheels look great in the larger sizes, but I am NOT a fan of the aesthetics of their stuff in the 15" sizes that some on here went through the bother of the 4x100 conversion in order to be able to use.

But yeah, VERY light, and VERY strong hoops for not a crazy amount of coin, I will definitely give them that. [wink] [thumb]

Woods247

2000 Post Club
so the Sanger in 17x8.5 right? ...RIGHT???
You can select whichever size you’re interested in from the drop-down. I’ve had a lot of wheels and 17x8 et35 works best with big brakes that require that diameter wheel. There’s plenty of 17x7 and 17x7.5 already on the market if that’s what you’re looking for. OZ, Braid, EvoCorse and Sparco have great options in that size but Rota is all we (USA) have in 17x8 that’s under 20lbs per wheel.

FJ16

So the Coto and 6UL are identical designs, just with a different finish? Either that or I need to get my eyes checked.

Edit: Ok, just checked out the site. The only link on the "Wheels" section that actually brings you to anything relevant is the "Lugs, Valves, etc" one. Not inspiring much faith.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
So the Coto and 6UL are identical designs, just with a different finish? Either that or I need to get my eyes checked.

Edit: Ok, just checked out the site. The only link on the "Wheels" section that actually brings you to anything relevant is the "Lugs, Valves, etc" one. Not inspiring much faith.
949 is a small race company in CA not Tirerack.

FJ16

949 is a small race company in CA not Tirerack.
I guess if I click on the "Wheels" section of your website, I expect to see the selection of Wheels...regardless of how large the company is. If my local hole-in-the-wall chinese food joint can make a functioning web link, I think anyone can.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I guess if I click on the "Wheels" section of your website, I expect to see the selection of Wheels...regardless of how large the company is. If my local hole-in-the-wall chinese food joint can make a functioning web link, I think anyone can.
Tirerack.com has everything you’re looking for.

You can select whichever size you’re interested in from the drop-down. I’ve had a lot of wheels and 17x8 et35 works best with big brakes that require that diameter wheel. There’s plenty of 17x7 and 17x7.5 already on the market if that’s what you’re looking for. OZ, Braid, EvoCorse and Sparco have great options in that size but Rota is all we (USA) have in 17x8 that’s under 20lbs per wheel.
ha, i was trying to *wink* *wink* that we should all try and pick the 17x8.5 because that will most likely never be an option outside of custom work. from everyting i've read that's absolutely the widest possible tire you can fit without fender cutting (maybe a lil' bit of rolling) but if they made 17x8 i'd buy 'em for sure.

your local hole-in-the-wall chinese joint probably outsources their functioning website to a third party vendor. they might spend some time dressing up the page but the nuts and bolts behind it are probably run by toast/yelp/doordash/etc. it's actually not that easy to stay up to date on all latest browsers. you could have a fully functioning website from 2018 that has completely dead links in 2023 b/c you didn't keep up with Chrome/Safari browsers. a lot of race garages/small outfits have strangely archaic/non-functioning websites. by and large it *is not* a good reflection of how good of a service/product they provide.

"well why *don't* they outsource like my hole-in-the-wall chinese food joint does?" maybe they're just not well run or maybe they don't want to eat the 10-15% operating cost that your local hole in the wall is willing to eat. because unlike the chinese food, these companies rely on reputation and not on foot/web traffic. because their normal customer doesn't care what their website looks like and the "customers" who do care were likely never going to buy from them anyway. so for them it's a cost that doesn't increase profit. but these are guesses.

Last edited: