Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Relocate Engine Computer?

I want easier access to the driver side motor mount and apparently have to disconnect the computer each time. Somewhere I read about people relocating it. Is there a link or video for that?

codestp202

It takes 10 seconds to disconnect the ECU. Why would you want to relocate it? Also, you would have to rewire the whole thing with an extension. Would take a lot of time or a professional.

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
Wasn't sure what others had done. Maybe a minor relocation not requiring rewiring, which is why I asked. Wouldn't be interested in a big mod.

It takes 10 seconds to disconnect the ECU. Why would you want to relocate it? Also, you would have to rewire the whole thing with an extension. Would take a lot of time or a professional.
Not only that, but with modern ECU's extending the wiring can add additional resistance for sensors/inputs that wouldn't otherwise have it. OP will find that he'll waste weeks tracing ghost issues that never happen in the stock location.

The RMM isnt allowed in HS. Maybe he takes it off to run events?
Then he should graduate to NASA TT racing because SCCA classing is fucked. Also

Peterson

Premium Account
I find this thread to be valid for people going to a smaller LIon battery, or just relocating the battery in general. The ECU is mounted on the battery box.