Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine Management Light - "Lean on idle Bank 1"

Evening all,

I'm expecting that this issue we are having on our Fiesta won't be a mystery to many of you on here, but I felt I needed to ask your advice and allow me to get it off my chest at how incandescent with rage I am with Ford.

We've had this error for 12 months! I've been to two Ford Dealerships, and neither have repaired this issue. The first dealer said we had to wait until it got worse before they could locate the issue. They cleared the error and said if it comes back on we'd need a new fuel pump or a new driveshaft seal??? But would need to do a second £125 diagnostic test even if the error code was the same.

We went to a second Ford Dealership for a second opinion. They convinced us it was our CAT that had failed. £1200, which we contested through Ford Customer Service as, guess what, the CAT replacement did absolutely nothing and the Engine Management Light came back on. We still had to pay £800.

They then took the car back in and changed the crank case top because apparently it has a breather box attached, some hoses that they didn't explain which ones and a gasket, again I don't know which one. We had the car back 2 weeks and the light is back on.

We took it back again and they said they can't find a problem other than high fuel trim values, but they said they cleared the code, disconnected the O2 sensor, drove the car until the light came on, reconnected the O2 sensor at drove the car and the light didn't come back on, so gave us the car back.

I have since bought myself an OBD II and checking my car myself there is a pending error for the exact same fault, but the Engine Management light hasn't come on yet, but the car is still idling rough when we start it in the morning and the revs blip up and down without touching the accelerator.

I thought going to an official Ford Dealership with Ford technicians would have known what the fault was. I feel as if we are being made to feel we are the only ones who have ever had this fault, and to claim they can't find the problem is an absolute joke.

I'm hoping anyone out there may have an idea, I did buy myself a new MAF sensor just incase, because it was easy to change, and they said they didn't need to check ours because we don't have an aftermarket sport air filter????!

If there's anything else you need to know, let me know.

Regards
Stephen

Attachments

SteveS

1000 Post Club
It wasn't on my FiST but on my F150 I had the same code. They reflashed the stock tune and it solved it. That was something like 4 years ago and haven't had it since.

OP
N
Thread Starter #3
He's a new one, not only the EML error code, but we had the same dealership do our Service, now when driving this comes on, and I have no idea what they have done to our car...absolute amateurs!

Attachments

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Have they tried swapping the injectors to see if the problem follows?

OP
N
Thread Starter #7
I've been doing this since February 2023. We are absolutely sick of them. I'll never buy Ford again after this.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Actually isn't the wrench light the oil change light? Maybe they just didn't reset it after they changed the oil? That's something you can do yourself.

OP
N
Thread Starter #9
I've looked online on how to reset this, but when I turn the vehicle off, the warning doesn't stay until I drive the car for a few miles. Every video I've seen talks about turning the ignition on but not starting the car. Doesn't work for me because the wrench light isn't on.