Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fog lights suck.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's just the (inner) diameter of the grenade launcher. The 37mm is non-restricted though since it's just a flare gun. The 40mm must be registered with the ATF as a destructive device since it can shoot actual grenades. ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
These are some nice fog lights! I'm thinking replace my fog lights with these for a little twisted metal action!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

anticon

After I wrapped the front end of the car with XPEL, I started thinking about protecting the fog and head lights and found this thread which sold me on doing something to the fogs at least. I decided that lamin-x was the least expensive fix and hopefully would provide enough protection for my typical drive. So then I got into researching and found that the stock halogen H11 bulbs would eventually burn the film. So then I started looking into LED H11's and decided upon the Auxbeam F-16 H11 bulbs. I also wondered what the best color for fogs would be and landed upon this site http://blog.streetsideauto.com/car-enthusiasts/are-yellow-fog-lights-better/, this site has a link to a Daniel Stern Lighting site with more discussion about yellow lights. So then I decided I had justification for yellow tint on the fogs and went with yellow.

In the end I will say that I now have the fog lenses more protected, and they look cool when they are off IMO. However, the LED's put out such a white light (6000 K) that a lot of that blue still gets through the yellow film, so I wound up with a greener light then I would have really liked. However, the fogs do add a lot to the peripheral lighting on the car, and also give more contrast to the surface of the road. I turned off the headlights and drove with just the fogs and all the potholes in my gravel driveway stood out like blackholes in the road. I guess I should have found a bulb with a more yellow color temperature that also has similar lumens. I'm not sure these exist though.

After I wrapped the front end of the car with XPEL, I started thinking about protecting the fog and head lights and found this thread which sold me on doing something to the fogs at least. I decided that lamin-x was the least expensive fix and hopefully would provide enough protection for my typical drive. So then I got into researching and found that the stock halogen H11 bulbs would eventually burn the film. So then I started looking into LED H11's and decided upon the Auxbeam F-16 H11 bulbs. I also wondered what the best color for fogs would be and landed upon this site http://blog.streetsideauto.com/car-enthusiasts/are-yellow-fog-lights-better/, this site has a link to a Daniel Stern Lighting site with more discussion about yellow lights. So then I decided I had justification for yellow tint on the fogs and went with yellow.

In the end I will say that I now have the fog lenses more protected, and they look cool when they are off IMO. However, the LED's put out such a white light (6000 K) that a lot of that blue still gets through the yellow film, so I wound up with a greener light then I would have really liked. However, the fogs do add a lot to the peripheral lighting on the car, and also give more contrast to the surface of the road. I turned off the headlights and drove with just the fogs and all the potholes in my gravel driveway stood out like blackholes in the road. I guess I should have found a bulb with a more yellow color temperature that also has similar lumens. I'm not sure these exist though.

When I had a 2010 Mazda Speed 3 I purchased Laminex yellow for the fogs. I liked them but they weren’t as yellow as I remember from like the 80s. So what I did was put two layers of yellow Laminex on each. Then it was just the right color!
I’m thinking you will have the same outcome with the double layers of yellow Laminex and the LEDs.

Just sharing experience and outcomes;)