Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Waterfan

Finally got my 195/55s on today!. Not so great of a pic but may post a better one later. Love the look but not as comfy as expected. Still it's not too uncomfortable and I may drop it soon and place Bilstein B8s on it to handle the rough roads.

Not sure why it posts upside down when it's right side up in my gallery (like the other pics I've posted so far)...
Do a barrel roll!

That rim has got to be my favourite, other than the Rota Titans[emoji7]

Sent from my CIA monitored device
Thanks! These will be going on my magnetic. Went back and forth between colors but fell in love with the high power silver. Just want to keep a clean look and I already have black winters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoked for this setup to go on the car! 205/55/15 ecsta 4xii on 15x8's

Hope they don't rub and fill up the wheel wells. Will see where it stands on stock suspension and if lowering is even possible[emoji15]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
At 23.9" tall, there should not be any problems despite how tall this setup appears to be due to the very 'meaty' side walls.

That's about the same overall height as the summer setup I am going to use (IF my 17x8 1.2s ever show up) with 215/40-17s, which are about an inch wider than your setup (so I HOPE your setup does not rub anywhere, stock height OR lowered a little, since mine would then HAVE TO rub in many places. [wink]).

Yes, MUCH MORE 'rubber-bandish' in side wall than your setup, so I will have to 'slalom' around all of the craters on our roads in the summer. [:(]

At 23.9" tall, there should not be any problems despite how tall this setup appears to be due to the very 'meaty' side walls.

That's about the same overall height as the summer setup I am going to use (IF my 17x8 1.2s ever show up) with 215/40-17s, which are about an inch wider than your setup (so I HOPE your setup does not rub anywhere, stock height OR lowered a little, since mine would then HAVE TO rub in many places. [wink]).

Yes, MUCH MORE 'rubber-bandish' in side wall than your setup, so I will have to 'slalom' around all of the craters on our roads in the summer. [:(]
This is what I was thinking. I was surprised and happy when I measured (roughly, I'm not tire rack) a 9.5 section width mounted on the 8" wheel. I know dedicated summer tires are better but my car is a commuter that I bring my son to daycare in and rip up the back roads. So I'm hoping the 4xii will be a fun 3 season tire here in CT. Never did like when my summers turned to rocks in the cold. Plus they were cheap enough to try 205/55. Think I might be the first [emoji51]hehe.

LILIKE16ST

In this particular case the tire size calculator was correct in showing the 215/55/16 BFG is 25.3" tall but far more often if you want the correct info you have to look at the actual specs like on tirerack, etc....the only correct thing about tire sizes according to sidewall markings, listings, is the wheel diameter, tread and section width, diameter and weight can vary greatly, far more than it would seem.
yea i know when it comes to width and those sort of things the calculater isn't right much of the time but from my experience the OD seems to be fairly close or at least close enough to give you an idea and in this case the tires in question being nearly 2 inches taller overall than stock tires I think it's pretty clear it will have clearance issues and when you add into the fact that they are 215 width bfg sc2 which are probably as wide as alot of 225 then it compounds the problem...

LILIKE16ST

215/45/17 General A/S on stock wheels & suspension.
No rubby-dub.

That is the size that came from the factory on the svt focus not sure why it had those but the FiST doesn't it should be the other way around those cars being na and torque less could benefits from better gearing of a 205/40 since it's over an inch shorter overall and these cars with more torque wouldn't have a problem with the larger tires. I owned an 03 svt and went from stock 215/45 to 205//40 and the weight loss from the tires and better gearing definately was noticeable on that car

im gonna need to get new tires soon for my summer set up, i have Motegi Racing MR125 17x7.5 4x100 4x108 ET 42 Rims Wheels. whats the widest tire i can fit on them? 215s or 225s? and i'm not lowered, thanks.

LILIKE16ST

im gonna need to get new tires soon for my summer set up, i have Motegi Racing MR125 17x7.5 4x100 4x108 ET 42 Rims Wheels. whats the widest tire i can fit on them? 215s or 225s? and i'm not lowered, thanks.
I think 235/40/17 is doable but fitment in rear may be a little tight even with stock ride height. It's similar overall hight as 215/45 which has been done on stock suspension but obviously wider. Actual size varies greatly tho between different tires with the same sidewall size as Rick has pointed out 100 times before (nice to educate people they need to be educated I knew this but never realize how much it can be off until he brought it to my attention). I would say a wide 215/45 or 215/40 is about as wide as you wanna go 235 may be too much and they don't make hardly any street 225s in 17. I would go 40 profile if you plan to lower and 45 if you don't that's just my opinion

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think 235/40/17 is doable but fitment in rear may be a little tight even with stock ride height. It's similar overall hight as 215/45 which has been done on stock suspension but obviously wider. Actual size varies greatly tho between different tires with the same sidewall size as Rick has pointed out 100 times before (nice to educate people they need to be educated I knew this but never realize how much it can be off until he brought it to my attention). I would say a wide 215/45 or 215/40 is about as wide as you wanna go 235 may be too much and they don't make hardly any street 225s in 17. I would go 40 profile if you plan to lower and 45 if you don't that's just my opinion
^^^THIS.

There are NO 'street' 225/40-17s (SADLY, as I would use them on my 17x8 1.2s IF there were!), and the one 225/35-17 (Yoko S.Drive) is way shorter than the factory setup, and way too 'rubber band' profile for most roads in this land.

Even at factory ride height/suspension, I would not even consider any of the (even shorter) 225/45-17s out there for fear of MAJOR rubbing. [:(]