Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone tried the yoko / advan ad09 tires on their fiesta?

ronmcdon

curious if anyone has tried this on their fiesta, as I don't see any threads on it. Not be confused with the a052's.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/yokohama-advan-neova-ad09

I took the plunge last week to get a set to replace my dunlop z3's. Hope I didn't order the wrong tire. Seems a bit confusing whether this is a tire that gets greasy after a few laps or not. Will try to do a track day or two this year and report.
Frustrating how the Z3's which used to be cheap are now more pricey than even advan ad09's. ado9 in size 205/45/16s are around $180 from tirerack, which is not too bad imo price wise. Could this be the best enduro 200tw tire today?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Should be fine* Let us know what you think and the Longevity/mileage test also! I'm just sticking with Falkien 615k+ in p215/40/17

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not sure what I will run next but gotta admit my Continental Contact Extreme Sport 02’s are pretty damn nice not quite as much grip as the RT660 but a lot more flexibility for conditions. Though they are rated as High Performance summer tire they are actually reworked DW 06 all seasons. Hence in the rain they connect pretty well.. Main Problems with the 660‘s is while they have tons of grip they tend to delaminate with a good amount of heat and they ride funky once you take them down close to the 10k wear markers . In other words outside of the delam issue would be a great track day tire . On the street good till they have some wear and then they get annoying.
As far as your Advans go they sound like a decent tire they had some of the slowest lap times in the tire rack test though.

OP
ronmcdon

ronmcdon

Thread Starter #5
Should be fine* Let us know what you think and the Longevity/mileage test also! I'm just sticking with Falkien 615k+ in p215/40/17
I was debating whether or not to get those, as they are also quite affordable, enduro 200tw tire.

OP
ronmcdon

ronmcdon

Thread Starter #6
Not sure what I will run next but gotta admit my Continental Contact Extreme Sport 02’s are pretty damn nice not quite as much grip as the RT660 but a lot more flexibility for conditions. Though they are rated as High Performance summer tire they are actually reworked DW 06 all seasons. Hence in the rain they connect pretty well..

As far as your Advans go they sound like a decent tire they had some of the slowest lap times in the tire rack test though.
I think the enduro 200tw is usually slower by 1-3 secs with tirerack’s laps. with that test, the 615+, z3, rs4 are usually slower, but the tradeoff is they last longer overall for more track days and you can run them for several laps while getting consistent lap times. To me, its a good way to get experience on the track.

I hate to repeat myself from past posts, but I do love how the dunlop z3s allowed me to run back to back, 20 min sessions in 90f weather. I just want to try something different this time. Plus z3s are now more expensive.

One tire I am eyeing more is the Kumho v730, 200tw. Sad that they dont make a size that works for 16s on our Fiesta. It does have a reputation for being more of an enduro tire but performs very well for it. It did well on the tirerack test. I actually have a set of those for my civic si, but I am too broke right now even to get them mounted.

I need to prioritize my fiesta bc my z3s are looking pretty unsafe haha